Hi guys, Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've been waiting for almost ... 81xx Themes forum

loos no está en línea Stack level 1

Question T-Mobile vs. "Normal" themes?

Advertisement

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks now to actually have my Pearl delivered (silly Amazon) so I can't try it out on my own.

In the T-Mobile version of the simulator it seems that all the icons are along the bottom and when you push the application button it gives you a long list of applications. All the themes/plazmic shots I've seen have the icons along the left side and a two dimensional array of icons to choose from for applications.

My question is this, if I put a new plazmic theme on my phone will it show the icons on the left hand side like in all the screenshots? Also, if they do show up on the left hand side, is there a way to make them show up at the bottom? (Just asking to see what's possible).

One last thing, is there a document somewhere specifying what needs to be in the .cod theme file if I wanted to try putting one together by hand, or is that proprietary information that I'm not allowed to have

Thanks for your time and the great forum,

Brad

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: T-Mobile vs. "Normal" themes?

Hi loos,

I can help with the first part. The screen shots are acurate and the icons in the Zen style theme will line on the left side of the main screen. The T-Mobile Zen is different and that theme can not be altered or duplicated using the Plazmic software at this time.

Wish we could tho.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

loos, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Brad!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Roswell108 no está en línea Stack level 1

How come every thread has like 5 replies that are just "I have no idea what you are talking about, but welcome." It's a little bit of a hassle having to scroll through empty posts on a blackberry. Sure it's polite, but a pm would work just as well. Or even a welcome thread keenly placed in a general area.

As for your other question. The COD file is not a theme file specifically. It is more or less similar to a dll on a computer (very loose comparison). It is a system file and all the different developer apps currently out don't seem to open them, so it seems like it is still off limits... for now.

RamshakleZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Just to make sure I'm understanding... it is not possible import a theme into Plazmic and alter it? We can only use one of the two default templates that comes with it and go from there?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by RamshakleZ
    Just to make sure I'm understanding... it is not possible import a theme into Plazmic and alter it? We can only use one of the two default templates that comes with it and go from there?
    '

yes, you are correct. we only have two templates to work with...the zen and the icon themes.

dabears2k no está en línea Stack level 1

welcome