Hi Guys, I need help with unlocking vendor stuff on my t-mo bb pearl. I ... 81xx Themes forum

hsxagent no está en línea Stack level 1

Rd Thru Guides on how to Unlck Themes 8100. Still NEED help

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I need help with unlocking vendor stuff on my t-mo bb pearl. I went through all the guides and I still cannot wrap my head around on how to find the .als or .alx files . I followed the instructions and look through all the rim folders on my pc and cannot find it. Could someone direct me as if I were a two year old in unlocking these themes. Also, I have no problem installing themes through the application manager thingie, so maybe I am just dense.

Also, I thought that it might be under hidden files or folders... But once I unhid all files and folders I still couldn't find it.

Secondly, thanks I have gotten so much info through this thread and others that I wanted to say thanks. Just waiting for the e-mail for my phone to be unlocked and presto I'll be in business.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Rd Thru Guides on how to Unlck Themes 8100. Still NEED help

did you download the latest firmware/OS for the pearl and install it on your PC? that is the most common step left out, yet the most important. what you have on your CD that came with the pearl, won't work...has to be the OS.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

yeah, like cherrichiodo says - make sure you downloaded the latest OS for your phone.

first, on your blackberry, hold the ALT button, and (while holding it), type R-A-C-E. at the very top, note what your "vendor ID" is for later.

then, go to (this is where mine is):
    my computer > c: > program files > common files > research in motion > shared > loader files > (whatever that folder is, will be your os) > and then right click on "blackberry" file and say "open with..." and use "notepad" to open it.

then you have to scroll down that file. i made maximized my notepad to fullscreen and it is about 1 inch to 1.5 inches scrolled down. (not very accurate, but about that; all of the vendor themes will be right together, one right after another, so it isn't like you have to search through the whole document). one thing you can do - if you can't find them is in notepad, go to edit > find and copy and paste "<!-- Cingular US filesets -->". it should take you to where they start.

start looking for:
    <!-- Bell Mobility Canada filesets --> and
    <!-- Cingular US filesets --> and so on.

these are what you are looking for. since you have a 8100, if you want to unlock those available, you will need to find the text that follows:
    <!-- Cingular US filesets -->
    <!-- T-Mobile filesets -->
    <!-- Vodafone filesets -->
    <!-- O2 filesets -->
    <!-- Orange France filesets -->
    ----> there may also be one for rogers, but i can't find that one ony my os

anyways...in the text that follows these...you will see:
    <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Reduced" ThemeSupport="Enhanced" Java="1.0" series="8100" _vendorID="100">
    and a bunch of other stuff.

if under all the above "filesets" that you found, just slowing scroll down and find each of these, but make sure they are for the "series=8100" bc those are the ones that apply to you. only change the ones that are with the series=8100. where it says "vendorID=###" - you are going to want to change whatever number is in there to your vendor ID number - the one you found earlier. TMO's is 100. for all the 8100's in all the above company/vendors, delete all the #'s after the VendorID's and put in the vendor number for yours. (like if you are tmobile, replace all those with 100)

once you have done that with all the 8100's, then save the document.

after this, hook up your BB to the usb, start desktop manager, and double click the App Loader. Go through all that, and it should be updated on your Pearl.

go to the Options > Themes and you should see them.

hope that helps. this worked for me. NOTE: done at your own risk!
    Last edited by tecrishon; 06-05-2007 at 02:18 AM.

I went to the blackberry site which directed me to T-mobile and and I downloaded the latest os 4.2.0.64

This is the problem I have: then, go to (this is where mine is):
    my computer > c: > program files "Check" I have that> common files "Check" I have that> research in motion "Check" I have that > shared > loader files > These two folders I do not have. Okay, I am just getting a little aggeravated with this... I didn't think it would take 9 hours to get down a learning curve considering I spent the better of last week just reading these how to's!

Okay so what should I do now? Should I start all over from scratch? What should I do?

PIN/ID
    ATA

what OS do you show in control panel>add/remove programs?

did you install 4.2.1.94 (from the link that steven gave you above)?

I finally got it! I found out what the problem was! I had a Brico pack installed and it was messing up my .dll system files. I had to do some serious Google searching as to why I couldn't find those folders. Thank you guys for all your help! I am sure I'll be needing more in the future!

kappa_styles no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have a factory unlocked pearl with vendor code -1 snd csnt seem to get this too work. I have edited and luck when loaded. Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kappa who is your carrier?

rogers is my carrier. But the phone is RIM factory unlocked

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa_styles
    rogers is my carrier. But the phone is RIM factory unlocked
    How did you come up with a RIM phone? There is an alternate method that has been posted that has to do with deleting the vendor codes in the blackberry.alx file. I tried to find it, but I'll try again and post the link here. It may take a while

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I work for rogers and get RIM demo phones from employees. This allows me to play with phones while they are still in develpoment. In this case he told me to just keep the pearl. Imei starts with 0044 and vednor code is -1.. lol. I am able to update software, But if i change the vendor code to -1 in the .alx file it does nothing. Even if i reload the entire software.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try the procedure in the first post of this thread, Solution for missing browser, themes, etc., particularly deleting the _vendor id step.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I deleted the vendor id completely and success!