Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can someone clear up for me if the 8100 needs the plazmic reader installed or ... 81xx Themes forum

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Plazmic Reader 8100 Problems

Advertisement

Can someone clear up for me if the 8100 needs the plazmic reader installed or if it already is part of the OS and doesn't need to be installed. Which is true?

I downloaded the 8700 series theme pack off Handango and it is supposed to be compatible with the pearl but I cannot get the themes to load. They show up on the theme list but when I click them, nothing happens. Really diving me crazy. Something isn't right. PLEASE HELP!

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Plazmic Reader 8100 Problems

HI Knight

Welcome to Pinstack... I researched this for you on the stack forums and found this link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

The plazmic theme reader is included in your Berry's OS, however as you read the forum linked above you will find a variety of fixes and hopefully one of them will work for you. Hope this helps, and if it doesn't, feel free to let us know so we can see what else might be the issue you're having ..

~Jade~
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

I read the page you link but still can't figure it out.

1. My OS is current
    2. I can see the theme I want to run listed but it does nothing when I click on it.
    3. Battery pop did nothing.

Help.

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Go to options/advanced options/Applications, press the menu button and select modules. Do you see a module called com_plazmic_themereader?

if not you will need it reinstall your BB OS
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

I reinstalled the OS com_plasmic_themereader 4.2.0.64 is installed. Everything works fine until I try to click on the theme and nothing happens, it doesn't load.

I don't even know what to try next.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Wait, I have com_plazmic_theme_reader does that matter? or must it be com_plazmic_themereader? without the _??????

PIN/ID
    203B4165

I'm going to find out if that makes a difference. The next thing to check is make sure that the plasmic theme reader version number installed matches the version number of your OS. I'll be back as soon as i find out what if any difference the extra _ makes.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If it has the same version number as the Core Apps software it is good. But if the theme really is from the 8700 series, and not specifically for the 8100/Pearl it will not work on the Pearl. I don't recall if it will even load on your device. Do you see the filename in your Options/Advanced Options/Applications.

Also one question, Can you see the com_plazmic_theme_reader in the Options/Advanced Options/Applications or do you have to go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/Menu/Modules to see it?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    AskMe

JadedBerry: Yes my plasmic theme reader does match OS version number.

Rcbjr: Yes i do see the filename in my Options/Advanced Options/Applications.
    According to Handango the theme will work for many devices including the Pearl. It does load on my device and is in full view on my /Options/Themes list. (Just nothing happens when I click it)

I can only see com_plazmic_theme_reader in my Options/Advanced Options/Menu/Modules list. I cannot see it in Options/Advanced Options/Applications.

Thanks for continuing to help me guys! I appreciate it!!!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm sorry, but a theme made for a QWERTY/landscape format BB will not work on a suretype/portrait format BB. It requires a different cod file. Sorry, but unless Handango provided the correct cod file for the pearl it will not work if it really was made using the Plazmic Theme Builder.

I would contact Handango if I were you.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

I think I know the answer to this questions but if the theme is indeed only for the 8700. Is there anyway to convert an 8700 to work with an 8100?

Contacted Handango, their service is slow!

PIN/ID
    AskMe

****, I was afraid of this. Its annoying because this theme was so popular and it is nonexistant for the 8100. Love the Pearl but it is lacking without this classic theme.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by knight2472000
    ****, I was afraid of this. Its annoying because this theme was so popular and it is nonexistant for the 8100. Love the Pearl but it is lacking without this classic theme.
    -

Which theme is it?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Well I don't have the status on here to post a URL, but if you go to handango.com and search for 8700 series theme pack. That is the one. It was standard on the 7100t BB, I loved it, the Pearl version is inferior, has the centered clock and the really slick power and signal bars, the icons are cooler too.

If I am mistaken and it does exist for the Pearl PLEASE prove me wrong!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What is the theme name? That was all I was asking

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast