I have a BB Pearl 8100 and never had a problem installing themes on it. ... 81xx Themes forum

Paradiso17 no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8100 has problem installing themes. HELP

Advertisement

I have a BB Pearl 8100 and never had a problem installing themes on it. I havn't changed themes in a few months so I loaded a few new ones on and removed the old ones. After loading went as normal I went to the themes menu and the only ones there was the ones that came pre-loaded!
    In the options > advanced options> applications menu every them I loaded was listed as it should.

My OS version is: v4.2.0.71

Under the 4.2 Core Applications Properties menu it lists version 4.2

And the "com_plazmic_theme_reader" is also listed under the 4.2 core applications properties menu. And under "modules" it is listed as version 4.2.0.71

I have tried soft reset, pulling the battery, uninstalling themes reseting the BB and then re-installing and still no luck on getting the themes listed in the themes menu so I can select them.

I also tried doing a "wipe" and I thought that that would wipe every program like my google apps and I would start clean but all it didn;t was mostly wipe my address book and memorized words, etc. not programs, and that still didn't get me anywhere with getting the themes working.

I tried alos installing themes I use to have on my BB so I know that the themes should work but it doesn't.

I also tried installing themes OTA and that doesn't work either...

So please if anyone has any suggestions I can really use them! Hope I gave you enough info to throw some suggestions my way.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Paradiso17; 02-25-2008 at 02:47 AM. Reason: additional info

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Re: Pearl 8100 has problem installing themes. HELP

Welcome to the stacks.
    Unfortunately I am just headed to bed but wanted to give you what advice I could off the top of my head in case your still lingering around the stacks in need of help..

I would try a full backup and then a full handheld wipe. Feel free to browse the how to's if you don't already know how to. I had a similar issue with my Pearl and that did the trick for me. You may have to reinstall your apps one by to see which of them is causing the conflict with your themes....
    I will look into this more tomorrow but I don't have my pearl on me.
    Good Luck and let me know if this helps at all

Paradiso17 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Pearl 8100 has problem installing themes. HELP

Vortec, thanks for the advice. I finally got down to the root of the problem after several hours of troubleshooting and trying different things. I would get one or two themes installed and working, and then try and install another and boom, all the themes i was able to get successfully installed on are all gone and I'm left with just the pre-loaded themes!

Anyway the problem boiled down to a few bad themes causing all of my installed themes and themselves to not show up in the themes menu.

So for anyone having a similar problem or for future reference the name of the themes I found to cause this issue are:

cartoon_baudbox
    com_plazmic_theme_cancer
    Iphone Black
    Iphone Alien
    Iphone stainless

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Re: Pearl 8100 has problem installing themes. HELP

Glad you got everything worked out.