I have the DM installed and mass mode on but still i cant view or ... 81xx Themes forum

scastillo13 no está en línea Stack level 1

not visible on my computer

Advertisement

I have the DM installed and mass mode on but still i cant view or open my bb using windows explorer, can anyone get me a link to download what im missing????? plsss!!!!

Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card.

You must have the following settings:
    • Media Card Support: ON
    • Mass Storage Mode Support: ON
    • Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: ON or PROMPT

All other options are your choice, but I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT enabling Encryption!

You say you have DM installed, so you should have the right drivers, but DM must be version 4.1 SP2 or higher. You can also just use the Drivers.

When you connect, if you have Auto Enable set to On, Windows should make it's device connecting KerClunk, and then attempt to AutoRun the new drive it just found. Once done, it should show up as a disk drive in Explorer named BLACKBERRY.

Also, it's best if you format the card on your BlackBerry. When in Media Card, hit the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) and select Format Card from the pop-up menu.

Note that the Media Card is NOT available to the BlackBerry when Mass Storage Mode is engaged.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 06-08-2008 at 08:58 AM.
    JerryD

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    but I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT enabling Encryption!
    What's wrong with Encryption?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jake.schires View Post
    What's wrong with Encryption?
    First, it slows the BlackBerry down significantly.

Second, if you wipe the device, you've now wiped the Encryption key, and can never get to the data on the card again - all you can do is re-format it.

You also can NOT access files on the SD card on your computer. You can only send files to the card. Once they're there, they can only be accessed on the BlackBerry.

But don't take my word for it, read up on it at the Technical Support Center, or try it!
    JerryD

jake.schires no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was just asking.

scastillo13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I cant believe im having this problem, 1 st my DM is 4.3, second phone settings are correct, (mass mode) and i'm positive of this because at home I just plug in and its ready to be accessed. Third, obviously this phone has the correct settings to work at home, but here at work it just doesn't recognize it. Are there any other suggestions, then again it just might be this piece of crap computer. I dont expect n-e one to know, but if any one has another suggestion pls share, thanks again, oh also thanks for the replies already!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Am I understanding this right? Are you only wanting to move files treating your Berry like a flash drive?

When connecting your Berry, do you get a bubble pop-up in the lower right hand of the screen that says "new device detected?"

If that bubble is coming up try clicking on it, it should bring up a menu that allows you to install the USB Device Drivers for your device.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!