Just got my Pearl a couple of days ago. Have been desperately looking for a ... 81xx Themes forum

dpbaril no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Newbie Post - Simple List Theme for Pearl?

Advertisement

Just got my Pearl a couple of days ago. Have been desperately looking for a theme that is clean, simple and legible to my tired old eyes.

I find the use of icons only in the Application List page on the default themes to be a bit daunting. I downloaded the Vorino Rx theme for the 7100 but discovered that didn't work. I received a note back from their support folks advising that they did not provide a list style theme for the Pearl. Is it not possible to create an Application List that is simply a list of the application names instead of the sometimes indecipherable icons?

They did call to my attention was the ability to hide applications. I've now hidden many of the ones I have no immediate need for and it is much easier to navigate the rest.

Before I go though I should say that overall I am blown away by the versatility of the device. I downloaded the third party app VR+ (voice recorder) and, just for fun, sang a song into it. When I uploaded it to my PC and played it through my desktop speakers I was utterly astounded at the quality of the sound. Almost as good as a studio microphone!

Also did a good job of synchronizing between my home and work desktops, though it doesn't seem to transfer the calendar appointments from one desktop to the other which is what I was hoping for.

Well I better call it quits - nobody in their right mind is going to read this anyway and I haven't finished my Income Tax return yet!
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 04-30-2007 at 11:38 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Newbie Post - Simple List Theme for Pearl?

have you checked out the themes at mobile.blackberry.com?

you won't find a custom list theme, but you might find something...list themes for customization aren't available yet. plazmic only gives you two templates to work with. dimension zen and dimension icon.

also try unlocking hidden vendor themes.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

welcome to pinstack

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

dp welcome to the stacks, and for god sakes get your taxes done!
    Yes we will read this!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

dpbaril no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Thanks! (Re: Newbie Post - Simple List Theme for Pearl?

Thanks to Cherri and Kayos for the welcome. I went to the mobile.blackberry.com web site with my desktop browser but have not yet ventured out with the BB browser (I think I need to subscribe to the "data" service from my ISP (Rogers). I'll take a look at the article about unlocking hidden and vendor themes - that's a new one to me.

Thanks again and I am very pleased to have discovered Pinstack - great design and well run.

Cheers,

David

p.s. Stack question: Is there a function to reply individually to a poster instead of posting to the forum? I received a couple of private messages in response to my post, but do not see that option in the interface I am using.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

you can reply via private message only after ten posts I believe.hang around and ask some more questions then you will be able to reply
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi dpbaril.

Top right corner of the your window where it says "Welcome dpbaril" is one place to access that. Another place is just below that in "My Profile" drop down menu.

Welcome to Pinstacks