hi, i've read numerous threads regarding installing themes on a pearl and i'm having problems ... 81xx Themes forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

need a hand with themes, just can't get them installed

Advertisement

hi, i've read numerous threads regarding installing themes on a pearl and i'm having problems with certain themes. i'm running a pearl with OS 4.2.

i'm using Dm to install and they appear on my BB but not under themes but under applications, i've tried a battery pull a soft reset and still not under themes. I cansee them in the applications and made the opions to allow for all and tried a battery pull, still no joy....

please hlep its driving me mad and not sure what else to try.

thanks
    rob

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: need a hand with themes, just can't get them installed

Step by step say how you are adding them via DM?
    Yes...the BB must have been created and bestowed upon
    us by the Almighty Himself because it is amazingly
    wonderful in all that it does to divert and entertain {LavaGirl}

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

it may be a plazmic based theme in which case you need to download the plazmic theme reader from the link below:

http://www.millenniastudio.com/themereader.html

it can be installed ota or by your dm.

if that is not the case, try downloading the theme through your dm. also, was it created for your device/os?

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

hi i knew this would happen, been re readng through threads and i read and followed step by step and i've managed to get some working, others are not still and i wonder if that has anything to do with not being compatible with my OS!!

i'm going to try the themereader software, after re reading the thread i thought that may be my problem and then lo and behold a couple of the themes were on the BB.

also noticed in the application on one of the themes it shows the theme is for version 4.2.1 but i only have 4.2. do i need to upgrade my software
    strange.....

edit. just noticed on the theme reader software it states...[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: You should NOT install the theme reader on a Pearl or 8800 series device as they already have a theme reader application built into their System Software 4.2.[/FONT]
    Last edited by stolt; 09-13-2007 at 08:26 PM.