Here's my first theme attempt. Edit: It won't let me post a link cause I'm ... 81xx Themes forum

Fried Rice Mofo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    318B6D52

My First Theme..

Advertisement

Here's my first theme attempt.

Edit: It won't let me post a link cause I'm a noob. But it's in the 8100 themes download section. Sorry!

It still uses the default icons (for the most part), as I'm still having issues smoothing the icons out, but other than that, I don't think it's too bad for a first timer.

Hopefully, things will get better as I learn along.

All comments welcome!

icuqtpie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey!

Welcome to the Stacks!
    ~*♫♥Kat♥♫*~

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Rice Mofo View Post
    Here's my first theme attempt.

Edit: It won't let me post a link cause I'm a noob. But it's in the 8100 themes download section. Sorry!

It still uses the default icons (for the most part), as I'm still having issues smoothing the icons out, but other than that, I don't think it's too bad for a first timer.

Hopefully, things will get better as I learn along.

All comments welcome!

what are you using to edit the size of the icons.. and are u saving them as a png file?? here this might help a bit....
    this was given to me by a theme expert when i first started and it is very useful..
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t=resize+icons
    i recommend using a program called gimp it makes life totally easy... its a dummied down photoshop perfect for dummied down me.. hahahaha
    ps - till u get to 20 posts i think it will not allow you to attach files till then... i think
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    318B6D52
    Quote Originally Posted by icuqtpie View Post
    Hey!

Welcome to the Stacks!
    Hey! Thanks for the welcome. Actually I've been a member/lurker for about 3 months, just trying to search and learn so I don't ask too many questions that have been asked a thousand times. Long time forum experience, I guess. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf2598 View Post
    what are you using to edit the size of the icons.. and are u saving them as a png file?? here this might help a bit....
    this was given to me by a theme expert when i first started and it is very useful..

i recommend using a program called gimp it makes life totally easy... its a dummied down photoshop perfect for dummied down me.. hahahaha
    ps - till u get to 20 posts i think it will not allow you to attach files till then... i think
    I was using PixResizer, and another member on Crackberry gave me an all vendors list of icons just for the 81xx model.

Thanks for the link and the program. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes!

fast84stang no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319866ED
    I posted mine at 10 posts. just start asking stupid questions like i did and you will get ur posts in quick. welcome and im a newbe to!!

but my questions were stupid caus im new to the game. IF YOU DONT ASK YOU DONT LEARN. LOL
    Last edited by azstar; 09-29-2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: double post

PIN/ID
    318B6D52
    Well, thanks for letting me know about the 10 post ceiling! I was really starting to wonder what the limit was on that.. lol..

Between here and Crackberry (for about 3-6 months) and Sprint Users and HF (couple of years), I'm well-versed on the art of lurking.. lol.. Too bad so many other newbs are not!

In all seriousness though, I've gone through a basic rundown of GIMP and am STILL having issues. Basically, I like make custom themes over direct themes like Dimension, Zen, or especially Icon. I have no issues with transparency, but even resizing them to 48x36 (for the Application Icon Menu, NOT the home screen) still causes pretty obivious aliasing issues. Even clicking on Antialiasing in the Filters/Enhance tab doesn't do anything. I must be missing something, otherwise I'm at a complete loss.

Thanks for the help guys!

fast84stang no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319866ED
    well goin the croud with me !!!!!!!!!! lol im still learning the basics . im sure someone will help u out here!!