Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The APN settings I have are working (email and internet working). It does seem strange ... 81xx Themes forum

willo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Can't get 8100 Themes

Advertisement

The APN settings I have are working (email and internet working). It does seem strange that UK users can't acess the site, could be to do with the branding T-mobile and Vodafone do to the Pearl and removing the BB browser, wonder if 02 people are having the same problem?

I was tempted to do the upgrade but TBH I'm not that fussed about having new themes etc, just annoying not having the option.

kirsche no está en línea Stack level 1
    Same Problem with the German Vodafone branded Pearl... We Just have the Wap-Browser and no Internetbrowser, but actually some devices have. I just don't understand the system....

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think you might be correct about it being a UK or European problem.
    I am on Vodafone (UK) with the latest Telefonica OS and I have a choice of Vodafone Live or Internet Browser.

Maybe you should upgrade to the latest OS - if you haven't already

Prioryman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E335B
    Guys talked to Vodafone UK weeks ago and the bad news is they will not give access! When asked why the guy would not go into it. So it up to B/Berry to give access. I had installed the newest software and makes no difference. I have ask before here if some would post the themes from the B/berry site, but as of yet no one has. Thats Vodafone UK for you!!!! other than that I'm very pleased with the service they provide. John

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by willo
    se99jmk, I'm having the same problems as your having. I have a UK T-Mobile pearl and can't access mobile.blackberry either. Have you tried going into the themes option hitting the menu button and choosing download themes? This doesn't work for me but you might have some luck. Maybe its a UK thing?
    Just tried this method and I see 4 available themes to download, Phantom, Pink etc.

I am on Vodafone (UK) so it cannot be a UK specific issue

thelefab no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem with Vodafone in France. Tested with others devices (7230, 7290, 7100, 8707v) : same problem.

Prioryman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E335B

Sinkers interesting Ithe pain 'm Vodafone (UK) and just tried it and connot access the themes HOW did you do it? I wished some would post them here save pain..... John

FMDDDV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Question Re: Can't get 8100 Themes

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First: you MUST have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Second: the network indicator MUST display EDGE or GPRS (upper case, not lower case).

Third: you MUST register your BlackBerry device on your carrier's BIS (it's best to do this from a computer). You will know this has completed because you will get a "welcome to the BlackBerry network" message, along with a message for each email you have set up.

After all that, you will get service books pushed to your BlackBerry, which include: email accounts already setup on your BIS, browsers, links to Yahoo! messenger and Google Talk, and finally, a menu icon called "BlackBerry Help".

That icon will get you to the BlackBerry mobile site and allow you to find themes, rings, wallpapers, games, etc.

Don't skip any of the above mentioned steps, because IT WILL NOT WORK.

(you are most definitely getting the warning that you do because you skipped step #3.)

Hi Lewis, I have problem accessing mobile.blackberry.com

I have read the various posts on the subject but in my case all steps you've mentionned where done.
    I have a data plan, I do have GPRS displayed under the signal bar, and my phone has been registered. I received a message saying: "T-Mobile is pleased to welcome you to the Blackberry service" and also another one from Blackberry saying: "your handheld has been registerd with the wireless network".
    Please note, the latter was done via my phone by going to Options-Advanced-Host Routing Table-Menu-Rregister now.

When I go into Service Book, I have all that you have listed but I do not get a menu icon called "Backberry HELP!".
    I do get a icon called "Help" displayed as "a yellow question mark".

I'm on T-Mobile UK, and I get a "web n walk" icon that gives me access to the internet, but I am not able to view mobile.blackberry.com
    I tried accessing the themes from Options-Themes-Download themes, but the same problem.

I read on an other forum http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...m-problem.html that I needed to configure my browser to only display HTLM websites, rather than "WAP & HTLM". I did that also, it changed the way websites are display but I still cant get access to mobile.blackberry.com

I also contacted T-Mobile UK and requested that they sent me the full web browser and update my service book, but they claim there's nothing else that can be done.

Please could you help me, as this is driving me bonkers...

Thanks
    Last edited by FMDDDV; 12-01-2006 at 07:39 AM.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

FMDDDV, It doesn't sound like you are connected to the data network. It would say EDGE in caps under the signal bar if you were. Did you get the blackberry data plan or just the tmobile data plan? They are 2 separate types of plans.

FMDDDV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204DCA4E

Quote Originally Posted by seedyburner
    FMDDDV, It doesn't sound like you are connected to the data network. It would say EDGE in caps under the signal bar if you were. Did you get the blackberry data plan or just the tmobile data plan? They are 2 separate types of plans.
    I am definitely on the Blackberry data plan...I've doubled checked with T-Mobile UK...they are charging me an extra Ł10/month for it...

They have sent me the service books again but I still can't access mobile.blackberry.com. To be honest, they are not very helpful...

UPDATE: After spending over 30mins talking to T-Mobile UK Blackberry department...they updated my service books with the "Blackberry Internet Browser" and I also have the "Blackberry help" icon in my menu list...

When I first received the icon, it was a globe...after removing the battery for about 30s...this globe has now disappeared and replaced by a "blue cross icon"...is this what other Pearl users get?

The good news is that I now have access to the download page...HOORAY...PERSISTENCE is the key...

To all UK subscribers...Call your network and ask them to update your service books with the blackberry internet browser...once that's done, reboot your phone...it should all work from there...
    Last edited by FMDDDV; 12-01-2006 at 07:36 AM.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

You may want to take a look at this thread...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._t_mobile.html

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes! The blue cross icon is what I use to access the mobile.BlackBerry.com site.

Thanks for the update!

amjb71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Worked for me on Vodafone UK as well, keep calling, don't say no, I now have the BlackBerry browser

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

amjb71, Thanks for the Update.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

digitalcop no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2050ABBB

I have been on to vodafone UK and despite the best efforts of their customer services talking to their tech dept I am told the blackberry browser is not available??? can anyone who has had success with vodafone UK help out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast