Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi, managed to get my blackberry browser working but when I go to mobile.blackberry.com it ... 81xx Themes forum

pjackson330 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204E3940

Can't get 8100 Themes

Advertisement

Hi, managed to get my blackberry browser working but when I go to mobile.blackberry.com it just keeps saying that it's designed for Blackberry browser and doesn't give anything else.

Clues please guys and gals !!!!!

Thanks

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Can't get 8100 Themes

I agree the site is misleading. There are only 2 links you can click on that page. The first one with a hyperlink "here" is the right link. Clicking on that should bring you to a screen to accept terms and conditions, and then to the themes... hope this helps..

Addendum: Make sure you are using the WAP Browser and NOT the Internet Browser!

cookie91398 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2082C541

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i posted on pinstack.com on my pc under 8100 forums "Sunday funnies". In there I put the web site for ring tones, wall papers and so on. Go there on your pc and download to your pc then use your BB desktop manager to transfer to your pearl. Sorry I don't remember the site right now, i'm mobile. Hope this helps. Pin me if you need help.

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you actually need to use the internet browser, not the WAP browser. If you use the internet browser it won't give you the error your getting. If you use the WAP browser, it won't recognize it, and give you that error.

pjackson330 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204E3940

Thanks Cookie, I found your link,but it doesn't seem to want to work at all. I'll keep trying

litfoo no está en línea Stack level 1

when i go to mobile.blackberry.com it just keeps saying that it's designed for Blackberry browser too

Looks like Pearl in UK on Vodafone only has this WAP broswer. Can anyone else confirm?

Where can I get this Internet Browser (do I have to go for the Opera Mini or something?) and what would be the differenece from the WAP broswer that seems to have come with my device

Thanks in advance,

litfoo

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

First: you MUST have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Second: the network indicator MUST display EDGE or GPRS (upper case, not lower case).

Third: you MUST register your BlackBerry device on your carrier's BIS (it's best to do this from a computer). You will know this has completed because you will get a "welcome to the BlackBerry network" message, along with a message for each email you have set up.

After all that, you will get service books pushed to your BlackBerry, which include: email accounts already setup on your BIS, browsers, links to Yahoo! messenger and Google Talk, and finally, a menu icon called "BlackBerry Help".

That icon will get you to the BlackBerry mobile site and allow you to find themes, rings, wallpapers, games, etc.

Don't skip any of the above mentioned steps, because IT WILL NOT WORK.

(you are most definitely getting the warning that you do because you skipped step #3.)

se99jmk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204E3A57

"Sorry, themes are not currently available for your blackberry device. Theme downloads require colour blackberry devices running software version 4.1 or higher".

Is this a UK problem? getting this message with a blackberry pearl, so cannot access new themes... can anyone help?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

se99jmk, Welcome to PinStack,

Try this, don't know if it is exactly the same on the Pearl though. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Browser and set the Default Browser Configuration to Internet Browser. Then try to download the themes from the BlackBerry HELP link.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    204E3A57

Thanks rcbjr. I have a vodafone branded model, and the only option under 'default browser' is Vodafone Live! Looks like the branding itself is making it invisible to the blackberry website.

Is it worth sticking something like Opera on here to get around the problem?

PIN/ID
    204E3A57

Thanks rcbjr. I have a vodafone branded model, and the only option under 'default browser' is Vodafone Live! Looks like the branding itself is making it invisible to the blackberry website.

Is it worth sticking something like Opera on here to get around the problem?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't think that Opera will do any better. All I can say is call Vodafone and complain about not having full capabilities on your BB.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

willo no está en línea Stack level 1

se99jmk, I'm having the same problems as your having. I have a UK T-Mobile pearl and can't access mobile.blackberry either. Have you tried going into the themes option hitting the menu button and choosing download themes? This doesn't work for me but you might have some luck. Maybe its a UK thing?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

willo, Welcome to PinStack.

I think you might be correct about it being a UK or European problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mythmbhurts no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D7C8C

IM not sure maybe your APN settings need to be correct there is a whole thread about the settings for Vodafone APN settings. That sucks if you guys cant have the blackberry browser maybe if you install a different OS on your handheld that will also install the regular BB browser. It seems NO one in the US has this problem and you saying you do not see the Blackberry browser in your settings mean that yes Vodafone and T-mobile europe have removed this feature maybe try rogers OS and see if you can get it to work that way
    PIN:204D7C8C http://forums.delphiforums.com/Blackberrytalk
    AIM:Austinsnyc
    Yahoo:Whips_n_licks@yahoo.com
    "8100" 4.2.0.64

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast