I am trying to download themes but when I download to my PC they come ... 81xx Themes forum

Roos85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can some help me?

Advertisement

I am trying to download themes but when I download to my PC they come up in a weird format. It says the name of the theme but has an icon that looks like it cant find the actual program, like a piece is missing or something. Then in the blackberry tools it says there is nothing compaitible with my phone. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Can some help me?

make sure the theme your trying to download is for your device, and the file should be ALX you should unzip the file first, and find the file using application loader on your desktop manager
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

Well I did that and the one I am trying to use says Mario.alx but the icon next to it is a little piece of paper with a fold at the top right corner with a few little pictures on it and if I double click on it then it says

Windows Cannot Open this file... blah blah blah and it wont upload and I am downloading them out of the correct section, I picked the 81xx section which I have the pearl 8130

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

roos, my guess is that you have NOT downloaded the device software on to your PC. what you don't know is that it isn't on the CD that came with your berry. you can get this software from your carrier's website. (which i don't know bc you haven't filled out your profile completely )

so, who is your provider? i'll link you to the latest OS. you will need to download AND install the software, then run application loader again.

NOW, the mario.alx is all you need to install the theme on your bb. after you do the above ^^^ then it will work for you. there is a hidden .cod file in that zip. you can see it if you explore the folder. but once you go to load the theme with application loader, the .cod file will no longer be visible and the ONLY thing that app loader will allow you to use is .alx

vivalatyla no está en línea Stack level 2

im having simular of a problem...my bb wasnt letting me put ne thing on it...so then i put a different it policy on it and now games and and stuff work...but i cant figure out themes! like i downloaded them and went to add them throught desktop mannager.and it even comes up in the little window that says its either on or about to add to the phone..where do i go after this or am i doing something wrong...ty in advance

ok, where is the link? I dont see it...

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    roos, my guess is that you have NOT downloaded the device software on to your PC. what you don't know is that it isn't on the CD that came with your berry. you can get this software from your carrier's website. (which i don't know bc you haven't filled out your profile completely )

so, who is your provider? i'll link you to the latest OS. you will need to download AND install the software, then run application loader again.

NOW, the mario.alx is all you need to install the theme on your bb. after you do the above ^^^ then it will work for you. there is a hidden .cod file in that zip. you can see it if you explore the folder. but once you go to load the theme with application loader, the .cod file will no longer be visible and the ONLY thing that app loader will allow you to use is .alx
    thats what i ment to say, but in shorter words
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3

I think you downloaded an archive. This archive contains the both needed theme files, alx and cod. If you can't decompress the file (maybe it's a rar archive), download and install 7-Zip - a freeware program that allows to extract the content of many archive-files, among rar.

Edit

Ok, this doesn't help you install the alx/cod files.
    Last edited by ViSit0R; 02-20-2008 at 12:18 AM.

BB4Ever

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by vivalatyla View Post
    im having simular of a problem...my bb wasnt letting me put ne thing on it...so then i put a different it policy on it and now games and and stuff work...but i cant figure out themes! like i downloaded them and went to add them throught desktop mannager.and it even comes up in the little window that says its either on or about to add to the phone..where do i go after this or am i doing something wrong...ty in advance
    the next step would be application loader. its a wizard so just follow the prompts.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos85 View Post
    ok, where is the link? I dont see it...
    here is link to all 81xx device software downloads
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 02-20-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged.

I changed my profile, I am using Verizon Wireless with the Pearl 8130

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Roos85 View Post
    I changed my profile, I am using Verizon Wireless with the Pearl 8130
    http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry...px?ct=personal
    ^ that is the link for you to download the device software. choose 8130 from drop down menu, then choose 8130 device software (second one)

it says this thing is like 331 mb.... holy cow??? Really that big?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    hehe... ^^ ya, i guess

NO NO!! that's desktop manager! the second choice is what i said...device software.

the device software is 75.7mb
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 02-20-2008 at 12:30 AM.

I think it worked... Thanks for all your help