Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Have you installed the device\handheld software onto your computer? What carrier are you with? What ... 81xx Themes forum

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Have you installed the device\handheld software onto your computer? What carrier are you with? What is your software version on your 8130? Goto: options then click on about. The software should be 4.x.x.xx right below snartephone on the first page. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdot View Post
    Hey, I'm kindof new here... I've been reading through this and its pretty much the exact same problem I'm having. I've gone through/am going through all the steps but I still manage to get the same error message on the desktop manager. And I have Vista so the whole add/remove programs isn't the same... Can't exactly find it. Just for some background info I have an 8130, the software has been updated, its the 4.3. I've uninstalled/reinstalled etc, really I'm just trying to install some games/themes but its not working whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated =]

- C
    Here's another way to check and see if the device/handheld OS is on your PC since you say with vista you don't have the same add/remove programs option.

Open the desktop manager, click on help, then click on About Blackberry Desktop Manager, then click on the Device Software tab, see what it says there, if it's blank, then you need to download the device OS, if it's not blank, let us know what it says.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Cdot no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Here's another way to check and see if the device/handheld OS is on your PC since you say with vista you don't have the same add/remove programs option.

Open the desktop manager, click on help, then click on About Blackberry Desktop Manager, then click on the Device Software tab, see what it says there, if it's blank, then you need to download the device OS, if it's not blank, let us know what it says.
    Yeah, it is blank, so where exactly do I get the download software I need? I've looked all over and I keep getting what I guess is the newest desktop manager version? What exactly is it I need?

Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    Have you installed the device\handheld software onto your computer? What carrier are you with? What is your software version on your 8130? Goto: options then click on about. The software should be 4.x.x.xx right below snartephone on the first page. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Provider is MTS mobility, its in Canada. Software is 4.3.0.97

Hold on, I'll get you a link.
    Twitter? My Apps List

OK, here's the link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2FE773EED20635

Choose the one for 8130 wireless handheld. Download it and when it asks you to save or run, choose run. It may take a while to download depending on your internet connection.

Once you're done doing that it should start working for you. If you have other trouble or questions, just post back here.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Ahhh frick, I just kept redownloading the 4.3 software wondering wtf I was doing wrong...
    Lol thanks a bunch, I'll do that and let you know how it goes momentarily.

It worked, everything seems to be fine =]
    Thanks so much for the help!

Yeah! Glad it's working for you!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678