Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

My blackberry freaked out... My email isnt working right now either.. IDK why...... 81xx Themes forum

aejohnson04 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask =)

Advertisement

My blackberry freaked out... My email isnt working right now either.. IDK why...

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Okay so this is the deal.... I called my service provider... Cellular South.. They told me that I needed to delete the current Blackberry software that I had on my computer and install the 4.2 #2 version of it... Something about the 4.3 will work with our companys pearl for everything BUT the application loader that I needed to download the 4.2 software and it would work.. They said they also had to do it with our 8830... I do NOT want to mess up my computer or my phone... I really dont know what to do... Do I delete and do what they say (which really doesnt sound right) or do I just keep trying this way?

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    I do not even know if this theme is worth all this trouble! Or any theme or program for that matter!! I just thought it was going to be simple now I have to delete stuff, add stuff, and other crazy things... Is it always this hard? Could it be my phone? I know that I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I know I can follow step by step directions!!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    when i first wanted to download themes my application loader did not even come up on my desktop manager.
    Open just your Desktop manager with no phone plugged to your computer and click check for updates.
    See which is the most recent version of desktop manager and download it. When I downloaded it, it took about 20 minutes to half an hour.
    The desktop installation manager will take care of deleteing the old no longer needed files.

Give it a shot.
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

PIN/ID
    ask =)

throwing in the white flag

I just want to thank everyone so much for actually replying to my post AND checking back!! It really shows what kind of people you are to not know someone and still want to help them and actually trying to help! So those of you that helped THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH! My problem is not fixed but... I am throwing in the white flag.. I hate to say that because I never do that.. but I am done! I have talked to my service provider several times and they have said its the third party application and they can not do anything about it.. ya know I proceeded to tell them to go to pinstack.com and READ.. LOL.. BBUT blackberry's website says I need the newest software... WHICH I have 4.3.... So.. I guess that is it! I am grumpy, it is like 104 degrees outside and I really just want to go to the beach.. I dont feel like sitting infront of a computer anymore today...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, I'm sorry you couldn't get it working, but sometimes you just have to walk away. Calling customer service can be frustrating, I've talked to some in the specific Blackberry dept of customer service for my provider who don't even use a BB.....they just type in your issue and read back a response given by a computer I think. One time I was trying to find the meaning of an error message, I looked here first, then googled it and came up with nothing. So I decided to call customer service, was on hold for 20 minutes just to have the rep say, hold on while they look it up on google! Some of them just don't know enough.....I'm sure there are lots of great ones...but they are hard to find for ma anyway.

Keep reading things here on Pinstack until they start to sound familiar......when you feel more comfortable and brave , give it another shot!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    I'm brave!! I really do not want to get give up! So if anyone wants to help then please help me lol! It just gets frustrating because I dont know what the issue is! Im ready for suggestions.. again... haha... So help! please

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    :d

OK, First, on your PC, go to Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs, look for Blackberry applications, tell me how many are listed and what versions are there. Also post your OS version number from your BB along with Model(just confirming that you do have the 8130) and Carrier, just so we have all the basic info in one post here.

That will be a start!
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Okay... I have 1 blackberry desktop software 4.3 on my computer... Next I did the alt race and My application version is 4.3.0.97(170) my model is the 8130 my carrier is cellular south. I am going to list some extra info incase it is needed too... Here ya go.... My blackberry desktop Manager is version 4.3.0. 15(august 15 2007) I wrote that strictly from the about part i just wrote the whole line

Device Properties
    PIN:31970155Model:Platform Version:3.1.0.51Application Version:4.3.0.97IMEI:4ca0e1f6Networks Supported:CDMA 800, CDMA 1900Radio Type:CDMAScreen Resolution:240x260Total Application Space:52.0MFree Application Space:3.3MBattery Level:68%

OK download the OS to your PC from this link: this is the link for US Cellular, the OS is the same but the carrier is different. That's OK, you can download any carrier's OS as long as it's meant for your device the 8130. Don't hook your BB to the computer yet.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B58CE00D1194C9

It will say, please select a product, choose blackberry wireless handheld then click next. Then click on download, you'll have to fill in some info then it will let you download the software. This may take a while depending on your internet connection speed. When it prompts you to run or save, choose run.

Post back after it's downloaded and we'll give you instructions on how to delete the vendor xml before you hook up your BB, lets do one thing at a time

Also, if you get any messages that pop up and you're not sure what to do, just post back and someone will advise you.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Okay.. I did all that it is downloading now.. I downloaded
    Software Download for U.S. Cellular

Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.170 (Multilanguage)

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.3.0.170 (Multilanguage) (97.287 Mb)

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    its going to take 45 mins... so... Im going to go eat and have a drink.. and maybe bowl .. check ya later... see you very very soon!!

OK, sounds good, post back when it's done downloading or of you have questions. I'm gonna go eat too!
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Yall are helping me with this! but lord knows I cant bowl last time I did I got like a 26 lol.. wish me luck! yall have fun! see ya soon!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast