Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Okay... So.. Since I have bought my blackberry 8130, I have installed a few themes! ... 81xx Themes forum

aejohnson04 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask =)

Blackberry Desktop manager.... Installing themes?!?

Advertisement

Okay... So.. Since I have bought my blackberry 8130, I have installed a few themes! They have all been OTA themes! That is the easiest way to go! Well for me anyway! I found a certain them that I want and I am trying to install it using the blackberrry desktop manager... Well... I thought I could do it just by downloading the file and then adding it via the desktop manager application loader wizard -which I really think is how you do it but IDK?!.. Obviously I was W-A-Y wrong... So this is the steps I have done First I downloaded the file. Then, I opened the blackberry desktop manager and selected application loader.. After, the application loader wizard came up and said choose the applications that are to be added or removed from your device. Next, I clicked add...Finally, my documents came up and I changed the file type to -all files- then choose the theme, THEN came the crazy error mesage that I SO do not understand...So this is the error message --- Error in application information file "C:\Documents and Settings\ashton\My Documents\com_plazmic_theme_LV.zip": There is an XML Syntax error on line 1

HELP ME!! Ya'll are the best!! I am SO confused right now!
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 04-09-2008 at 08:00 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    One critical early step you didn't mention was unzipping the theme file after you downloaded it.....did you do that?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check out this thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._activate.html

And here's another thread that may come in handy, just in case you get the very common "No additional applications for your device were found" message:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ere_found.html
    Last edited by azstar; 04-09-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added links

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah you have to save it to like your received files and run the unzip app on your PC, then you can use the DTM

PIN/ID
    ask =)

?

No... I did not unzip anything... Guess that was my first mistake! I think it is just going to be easier for me to pay someone to make my themes and get them to include the OTA... ... The whole blonde thing is getting me! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aejohnson04 View Post
    No... I did not unzip anything... Guess that was my first mistake! I think it is just going to be easier for me to pay someone to make my themes and get them to include the OTA... ... The whole blonde thing is getting me! :-)
    Don't give up that easy, once you do it once or twice it will be easy.....try following the steps on the threads I gave you links for. If you still need help, just post......I or one of the many other helpful stackers will help you out......I'm heading out for a few hours....but could help you later if you need it....or someone else may jump in........don't fall back on a blonde excuse
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Thanks for all the help!! I was going to post last night... BUT.. had to watch The Hills I had to TeVo-.. Im sure I will be asking later.. SO check back lol!! Once again THANKS!!

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Okay... Read it step by step.. it did not work... starting to get a little vexed!!!

I just left my house.......won't be home for about 3 hours......but I'll check on you when I get home....but someone else will probably jump in and help you out.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ae. So you have unzipped the files. The file you unzipped should now be an ALX file. Is that correct? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by thechadj; 04-10-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: *un*suretap!

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    ChadJ-- yes it is now in the ALX file... but It still will not work... I has to be just me... Anyone who is ever free and feels like helping... I'll give you my bb messenger pin or my aol IM ... Thank ya'll so much!! Ashton !!

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    Could it be the theme? probably not huh... just trying to make excuses for myself! haha

I just sent you a PM
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    ask =)
    okay so I think the problem is the -no additional applications- and im trying to download the new os.. but the link is bringing me to hong kong.. and I am sure I wont understand any of it... I think this is a operators error.. I want to thank everyone so much for trying to help me... I obviously am just SO not good with this stuff!!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    AE, i just want to confirm that you have taken this step
    quote taken from Twheeler "

.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it."

Once I had that deleted it allowed me to upload the themes.

can you also confirm what OS system your 8130 is running and what Desktop manager Version is.

I really hope we can get to the bottom of this for you!

regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

AE, you and our conversation disappeared from my BBM contacts list...what happened...did you get my email?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast