Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Currently, there are just not that many themes available for installation on the BlackBerry Pearl/8100. ... 81xx Themes forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Availability of Themes for the Pearl/8100

Advertisement

Currently, there are just not that many themes available for installation on the BlackBerry Pearl/8100. The reason for this is that Plazmic, RIMs BlackBerry Graphics Support Subsidary has not released an Update to the Plazmic Content Development Kit (CDK), which contains the Theme Builder (PTB) that supports themes for this device.

The only Themes available at this time are those provided by Plazmic for Over the Air (OTA) installation on the BlackBerryExtras Website and those created for the different Carriers and provided in the Pearl Operating System/Included Applications (OS) Installation Download file.

The OTA Themes can be installed by pointing your Pearl Internet Browser to http://mobile.blackberry.com//mss/extras and clicking on Free Themes.

The Vendor Themes can be obtained by following the procedure in this thread, How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes. Remember to access the blackberry.alx and install these themes using Application Loader in the Desktop Manager, you need to have downloaded the current OS for your Pearl and executed the download to install it on your PC.

Once the Update to the CDK and PTB version 4.2 is released, I'm sure our great theme builders will get to work and start creating themes for the Pearl. But please be patient. Plazmic does not provide information as to when or what will be included in any future release of their support tools.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Availability of Themes for the Pearl/8100

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks for the info!

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Ok well thanks for the info and they need to hurry up and make it already because I'm very eager to get some new themes on my pearl. And when this OS comes out can someone please inform me of it and tell me some new themes? Ok thanks again and looking forward to this happening soon.

COJO 24

air4ce1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: Availability of Themes for the Pearl/8100

Stackers,

I ran across these themes advertised on Handango:
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...02116&R=202116#

They were really cool looking and were advertised as being applicable for the Pearl, but when I downloaded the software the only options were for the 7100, 7200 and 8700. Has anyone else purchased these themes? I don't want to install something not designed for my Pearl.

I emailed Handango support, but so far no response. Just wondered if anyone else tried this yet.

Langen no está en línea Stack level 2

You might have been shafted.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I am stuck on oil platform and have no signal, I cannot load BBP software on company desktop(company policy) can I view available themes i.e Phantom over the web ?? I tried the link to mobile.blackberry.com with no joy. Any ideas.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't believe that it is possible to view the themes on the Blackberry Mobile site with anything other that the appropriate BB device. Maybe, someone that has installed the themes there will post screen shots of their Pearls and themes on PinStack.

Sorry,
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

apransavage no está en línea Stack level 1

I know there aren't alot of themes available yet, but we can still make our own themes right? Is it terribly difficult?

thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

apransavage - welcome to pinstack. you won't be able to make one for your BB, yet...

as RCBJR said, "The reason for this is that Plazmic, RIMs BlackBerry Graphics Support Subsidary has not released an Update to the Plazmic Content Development Kit (CDK), which contains the Theme Builder (PTB) that supports themes for this device."

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

apransavage, Welcome to PinStack.

Right now it is extremely difficult to make our own. As cherri said the PTB 4.2 has not been released yet and the APIs that Plazmic uses to make the themes posted on the BlackBerryHelp site, are not available to the General Public.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Mi|enko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D1276

I'm sitting patiently. . . waiting for a pearl release of that apple theme I've been seein' around for the 8700.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by Mi|enko
    I'm sitting patiently. . . waiting for a pearl release of that apple theme I've been seein' around for the 8700.
    I dont understand what's so cool about that appl theme? On my opinion it aint all that great. Im sitting patiently and waiting til they release some nice themes for pearl.

cdorrans no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone know if there is a "Mac" theme for the Pearl
    Thx,
    C

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Not at this time.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Hopefully they will come out with the PTB soon because its been a long time since I've had a new theme. Maybe we could petion to them about this issue, that is if they aren't already working on it.

One quick question also. How do you create a theme? Can you do it on your phone? A short answer to this would be great.

Looking forward to the release,

COJO 24

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast