Is there a way to replace non-default application icons? Like say, replace the opera icon ... 81xx Themes forum

redkamel no está en línea Stack level 1

application icons

Advertisement

Is there a way to replace non-default application icons? Like say, replace the opera icon with one to match a theme's icons?

Sorry if this is a question that's been answered before, searching didn't help me much.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: application icons

nope not that I know of, unless you made a whole new theme.

ok, so when making a new theme you can include icons for whatever applications you want? even 3rd part apps?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by redkamel
    ok, so when making a new theme you can include icons for whatever applications you want? even 3rd part apps?
    No. Most third party apps icons will stay the same.

So how about making a folder to house the 3rd arty apps? Can that be done when making a new theme? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with theme creation for the pearl. Basically, I'm looking to be able to put everything that has an ugly icon into a folder somewhere to hide them until I actually need to use one of the programs.

Syrus no está en línea Stack level 1

why dont you just hide the application? like i use a zen theme, and it has the option of hiding application icons - (highlight app icon > hit menu button > hide app)

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I don't think you can make folders on the Pearl, I know you can for the Curve though. Syrus has a good suggestion though, just hide the 3rd party icons you don't like. They unfortunately can't be changed.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

gloomywood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Hi
    It looks like it IS possible to make folders as I have a theme on my Pearl where the builder has created an "Applications" folder which then contains - BB Messenger, Memopad, Tasks, Maps, voice note, calculator, search, BrickBreaker and Password Keeper

and a folder that contains all the "Settings" which contains - Settings, Setup Wizard, E-mail Settings, Wireless On/Off, Bluetooth On/Off, Power On/Off

No idea how as it is a theme I downloaded, but the use of the nested folders is great for tidying up the icons!

Yeah, I've been messing around with Plazmic some and it seems you can make folders for the default apps ... not 3rd party ones ... I just want all my icons to match! Hopefully we'll get the capabilities of the Curve software when the new pearls are released.