After going through the entire Theme Problems/Issues thread and not finding the answer/solution I was ... 81xx Themes forum

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Another way to download OTA themes...

Advertisement

After going through the entire Theme Problems/Issues thread and not finding the answer/solution I was looking for, I found out the easiest way for me to download the OTA themes posted.

I was having a heck of a time trying to get the Url on my phone, which always gave me an HTTP display error. Copying the Url and sending an email to myself, as suggested, and then opening up my email, highlight the link, menu option and selecting 'Go to link' to download the OTA theme file was too much of a hassle. I simply go to this site on the phone and browse to the page that lists your desired theme. Log in, click on BB Forums/Blackberry Pearl 8100/81xx Themes/8100 Pearl OTA Themes. If you're on your PC, remember the page that it was on so you can go to it directly...Or you can just browse page by page until you see one that you like. The link should be highighted, click on trackball, and voila, download! It may take a little longer than usual to load if the page contains many images or data but it will do the trick. Keep in mind that if you don't see the theme in your options, do a quick battery pull and it should be there. Also, when you are switching from theme to theme, your settings resets, such as your fonts or quick key but nothing gets deleted. Don't know if there is a way to disable that or not.

- 3rd day here and 1st New Thread so I'm not sure if this was posted on the forums or not but I hope this helps some of the people who were having issues getting themes OTA themes. Hope this helps.

Too bad theres not a Broncos theme available =(.

Cheers!
    Last edited by schmunger; 03-24-2007 at 10:18 PM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Another way to download OTA themes...

Thanks for sharing this Schmunger. I think this will be very helpful to the Stackers.

Have you tried checking www.mobile41.com for the Broncos?

PIN/ID
    317d7c77

I have but no Broncos or any Denver team, boooo! Thanks for the suggestion though.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by schmunger
    I have but no Broncos or any Denver team, boooo! Thanks for the suggestion though.
    If you see it for the 7100, 7200 or 8700 series phone then you will also see it for the 8100/Pearl in due time.

I've been behind on things and those are on the to do list.

re-visit the site often for updated postings. Be sure to refresh your browser.

PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Hey srl, is it me or do I see a Bronco jumping in the middle of your avatar? =)