Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Great idea. I always loved this animations on my other phones and have been pretty ... 81xx Themes forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Advertisement

Great idea. I always loved this animations on my other phones and have been pretty peeved it wouldn't work on Blackberry, and now it does. Falling icons are pretty sweet, but the theme really slows down everything. Hourglass is constantly coming up. Other than that, good job!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hehehe

I'd downloaded this a while back and only got around to checking it out today (hadn't seen you'd pulled it due to problems).

It took forver to load (almost 10 minutes!), then threw an Uncaught Java Exception error (didn't catch the rest of the text there), and after I clicked OK on that it started just going to Error 205 screens with the only option being to reset (endlessly). By the way, while the Uncaught JE modal screen was up, the theme animation seemed to be running fine in the background.

I managed to get it off without wiping my device by reseting, and while it was resetting (before it could get to the error 205 screen) using CrackUtil's File Manipulation - Intermediate option, Retrieve File listing, selecting the theme, and Remove File From Device. After which it rebooted and defaulted to a BB Dimension theme.

I did manage to pull off the event log too, but couldn't see anything in there about where the error was coming from (there were hundreds of errors which I don't normally have, so it's impossible to say what the actual error was).

Too bad, it looked nice for the few seconds I got to see of it.
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 12-15-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: to mention that I'm using 4.5.0.102 on an 8100

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    RedNightHawk im sorry for the problems. Thats exactly what happend to my friends phone. i spent an hour and a half getting into the phone and deleting the theme so it can stop resetting. It worked perfect on the simulator which was a first since none of the others worked on the first test. Ive gotten them to work on my phone but i think having the actual phone to test them works better. or maybe it just works better on 4.6? Im not sure yet. Im testing that theory out.

and your phone model and os is EXACTLY how i hooked up his. Hmmmmm....fasinating.
    Last edited by 9of13; 12-15-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    No worries, dude. I wasn't panicking at any point so it was a good chance to figure out how easily I could get it working again with minimal data loss (didn't lose a thing). I just figured I'd post in case it happened to anyone else they'd know how to get back in gear without wiping the phone.

Unfortunately the simulators aren't very accurate and then OS 4.5 has some weird things about it. I've noticed that more stuff in OS 4.5 seems to be linked to each other - if you remove one of the default themes you lose the ability to load 3rd party themes, I'd noticed some apps that I wouldn't have figured should be dependent on the Memo app being on the phone are, for some reason people who have issues with the program SoftReset can get it to work if they set the permissions on the e-mail setup app to allow, and turning the firewall on can solve some issues with 3rd party apps that have constant confirm local data access screens even when all permissions for that app are set to allow. All in all there's really no way to know how something's going to work without a real phone to test it on, and even then you can't guarantee consistency since one person may have removed a module to save space or not have their firewall set, or something else which no one in their right mind would consider to be a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12