I've lost 95% of my sight recently and was hopisome could make a low vision ... 81xx Themes forum

jarred7716 no está en línea Stack level 1

81xx: Low vision theme

Advertisement

I've lost 95% of my sight recently and was hopisome could make a low vision theme for me. All of the themes i've tried i'm unable to change the font size which i need to be 14, so i can read the screen. If not could someone give me a link to a theme editor or creator. Thanks for all your help in advance

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Low vision theme

I'm not aware of any low vision themes, but here's what I'd suggest.

First, find a theme that works best for you. Assuming a full QUERTY device, I'd suggest either a theme that has only 5 icons across, or a Zen theme that defaults to icons down one of the sides and displays the name of the application when selected.

Next, change your background to plain white. Simply open Windows Paint application. Then select Image Attributes and set the width and height of your device (320x240 on most QWERTY devices). Make sure the picture is just white (should be by default) and save it as a .JPG and copy it to your BlackBerry's Pictures folder and set it as your default background.

You can set the text size that displays for emails and the standard PIM's under the BlackBerry's Options --> Screen/Keyboard setting. You can set the default Browser text size by going into the Browser, Click the Wheel or Menu button and select Options --> General Properties. Unfortunately this does not always control what's displayed if the web page tries to override it, but you may be able to control it a bit more by playing with settings in the Browser Configuration - like by unchecking Style Sheets.

Finally, and perhaps the best trick I can offer for you, is use the Device's Shortcut Keys. To enable Shortcut Keys, go into the Phone application, Click the Wheel or Menu button and select Options --> General Options, and set Dial From Home Screen to No. Now, when you're on the Home Screen, you can use a shortcut key to bring up the (native) application you need. Here's a list (complete?) of Shortcut Keys available (sorted by shortcut key):
    • Address Book - A
    • Browser - B
    • Memo PaD - D
    • ProFiles - F
    • Help - H
    • LocK - K
    • CaLendar - L
    • Messages - M
    • BlackBerry MesseNger - N
    • Options - O
    • Enterprise Messenger (Q) - Q
    • AlaRm - R
    • Search - S
    • Tasks - T
    • CalcUlator - U
    If you use this in conjunction with a Zen theme, you can set the 5 applications that appear in the abbreviated menu to be applications that don't have a shortcut, making it easier to access them and to see what they are. The icons that appear in this list are the first icons you set (using Move Icon) from the top left corner accross to the top right corner with all icons displayed.

You will still have access to numbers you've programmed as Speed Dial numbers - just hold the appropriate key down for 1 second - macros engage if the key is tapped for a shorter period.

You'll probably want to define your default Browser to the browser you prefer using - either the WAP browser, or the Internet Browser (or the BlackBerry Browser if you're on a BES and need that). I'd suggest the Internet Browser. Set it under Options --> Advanced Options --> Browser --> Default browser configuration.

Hope that helps!

p.s. This is the setup I use with the attached as my wallpaper which is a mostly white background and may work for you too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JerryD

Thank you for your help and tips.
    One last thing ,what is the program people are using to create themes?

Shellbell67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Maybe

Lightbulb Re: Low vision theme

It's called Plazmic Theme Builder, you can find it here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lkthrough.html and here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ite_guide.html

Hope this helps
    Shelly

Quote Originally Posted by jarred7716 View Post
    Thank you for your help and tips.
    One last thing ,what is the program people are using to create themes?
    Want to see more of themes...

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I too have vision problems. Not as sevre, but ill suggest using the dimension icon theme with the font size the largest it can go with the capitals style font. For me, an all black backround really helps.

same here i . What i need is simple black background white letters as large as possible

nickabis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3054B974
    ~via BB (wap.pins

nickabis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3054B974
    Thanks for the theme builder site!