I am looking for themes that have the SMS/MMS Icon for seperating these types of ... 81xx Themes forum

microbmen no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb 8100 Themes with SMS/MMS Icon

Advertisement

I am looking for themes that have the SMS/MMS Icon for seperating these types of messages. I am testing theme after theme with hopes to find a nice theme that is complete with the SMS Icon.

A good example of this is the PINK T-Mobile theme. It is my perfect theme, with the exception of pink. (not a fan of a pink phone theme).

I am hoping to create this thread for people to list or upload their themes which contain this valuable icon. Since it is impossible to keep testing themes without knowing if this icon is present.

Thanks!

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8100 Themes with SMS/MMS Icon

the only way you will get the seperation in icons is when plazmic releases a new theme template that has it. With the current selection i can honestly say it is impossible you will get what you want.

sorry

bingemar no está en línea Stack level 1

If you update your Pearl's OS with the release from Telefonica Moviles (from Spain) and unlock the vendor themes, you will gain access to the Vodafone theme which separates SMS and email in different folders AND the theme is not pink. It is a two-toned theme, a mocha and burgandy palate.

To find out how to do this, goto blackberryforums.com and search for unlocked themes. There is a thread by a guy named jibi who has listed all update releases for RIM devices. Good luck!

all we have to do is find a .thm file that has the icon and build off of that. I am searching.. im sure somewhere there has to be one. I am also emailing plazmic requesting a fix.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by microbmen
    all we have to do is find a .thm file that has the icon and build off of that. I am searching.. im sure somewhere there has to be one. I am also emailing plazmic requesting a fix.
    the chances of you getting anything out of plazmic is less then finding a pot o gold

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

Quote Originally Posted by bingemar
    If you update your Pearl's OS with the release from Telefonica Moviles (from Spain) and unlock the vendor themes, you will gain access to the Vodafone theme which separates SMS and email in different folders AND the theme is not pink. It is a two-toned theme, a mocha and burgandy palate.

To find out how to do this, goto blackberryforums.com and search for unlocked themes. There is a thread by a guy named jibi who has listed all update releases for RIM devices. Good luck!

would anyone be willing to PM me about how to actually DO this? ive tried and tried and i just cant seem to get it to work. its rather disheartening considering i worked in the cellphone business for three years and ive been in internet tech support for 2 ... makes me feel a little dumb that i cant follow the REALLY REALLY good directions in those links ... but id prolly die to have a theme that looked decent AND sperated the SMS from emails.
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

After doing some research what we need is a java developer to create a theme using the blackberry 4.2 SDK.... not plazmic.... plazmic has not included the SMS/MMS icon functionality, personnal i think that plazmic is not a completed app, just a peice of junk to appease its users.

The vendor themes were created using java and the sdk, not a crappy 3rd party theme maker app.

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

dang i really wanted one too!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by microbmen
    After doing some research what we need is a java developer to create a theme using the blackberry 4.2 SDK.... not plazmic.... plazmic has not included the SMS/MMS icon functionality, personnal i think that plazmic is not a completed app, just a peice of junk to appease its users.

The vendor themes were created using java and the sdk, not a crappy 3rd party theme maker app.
    You might want to make sure of your facts before you speak. First, Plazmic is the Graphic Content and Design subsidary of RIM. They make all the Themes for the carriers. To do so, they use tools, APIs and techniques that aren't available to the general public. I really doubt that you could make a theme using just the Java SDK and the Blackberry JDE 4.2. You would need APIs that aren't included.

The Plazmic Theme Builder is limited in what is does because Plazmic (Think RIM) doesn't charge for the download, it is provide free of charge. They are limited in the resources that they can dedicate to developing a non-revenue application. And yes it is an incomplete Application, still being expanded, when resources are available.

Plazmic has been as responsive as resources allow, considering what else they have responsibility for. Witness the inclusion of the ability to rearrange the Banner components in the OS 4.2 Version of the PTB. And I imagine that the SMS/MMS separation may be included in future versions of the PTB, as they have already provided Icons for them.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles