Re: 8100 themes on Orange

Advertisement

thanx itz work

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Hotkiller, Welcome to PinStack.

One question, when you called the Orange BB Customer Care, did you ask for the Internet Browser, or The BlackBerry Browser. These are two different browsers, and the BlackBerry Browser also known as the MDS browser, does require the BES to work.

Call them back and be specific that you want the Internet Browser that all the other carriers provide for Blackberry Internet Service, not the MDS Browser for BES.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Et votre Anglais est beaucoup meiureux que mon Francais.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

carson no está en línea Stack level 2

Hotkiller,
    Customer service is following this up for me with RIM to see what I can do. They say that on Monday I should know what is possible. I use Orange but my contract is with another provider - maybe why they are a little more helpful than Orange.I'll keep you posted.

Hotkiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks rcbjr and carson for your answers. ... and thanks for the welcome message.
    In fact when I was with orange on phone I did not mention any type of browser : I just explained I wanted to go on this site : http://mobile.blackberry.com/ and that I could not with the Orange browser.
    I had read somewhere around here that I needed to use another browser than the one delivered by orange and that it was a simple service to be pushed on the bb (as you confirmed rcbjr).
    So that's what I asked. But obviously the young lady on the phone had really no idea why I wanted to change my browser (she has had to ask a few peole and after 5 minutes she explained me that I needed BES to change my browser).
    Anyway, now that you confirmed me I could have another browser I 'm going to call them back and explain clearly what I need.
    I will let you know. Thanks again.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

yes call them and tell them you want the bb interent browser. let us know.

welcome to pinstack

Hotkiller no está en línea Stack level 1

So I got Orange on phone yesterday evening.
    The answer is very clear : it is not possible for Orange to send me an internet browser different than the orange one installed on the pearl...
    As the technicien said he can only resend services on the bb but he can't choose the services to be sent. I told him other providers appear to be able to do so but he confirmed me it was not possible on Orange...
    So bye bye themes for pearl installed OTA....:cry: .. I guess I'll have to wait for plazmic to make an application to installed themes via DM for the pearl....

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

it sounds as the same problem with vodafone uk.
    only T-mobile are the ones who what what we are talking about.
    Death is only the beginning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12