Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Again I am new so excuse me.I went to mobile.blackberry.com to look for new themes ... 81xx Themes forum

carson no está en línea Stack level 2

8100 themes on Orange

Advertisement

Again I am new so excuse me.I went to mobile.blackberry.com to look for new themes from my bb browser and the website says that it doesn@ support my browser type and that i should go to discoverblackberry.com Not sure why this is my network is Orange France. Any advice would be appreciated

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8100 themes on Orange

you can change the emulation of your browser by clicking on the globe, then use the bb button to the left of the track bacll. go to options then click on browser config. you probably need to set it to microsoft ie or netscape

Stacey,
    Thanks I have tried this and while it looks like it should be possible it is stuck at orange world which is the orange default browser. I know before I had the service that the brwser was the default browser as it is actually a T Mob phone but now i cannot change it with Orange BIS.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

may I ask what os you are running on it? and the phone is obviously unlocked right?

Not sure how to find out the OS but I think it is 4.2 core application . The def brwser setting has changed to Orange World and i cannot change it

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

go to options, then go to about its gonna be the 3rd line down

v4.2.0.42(platform2.2.0.28)

Sorry - and yes the phone is unlocked

Should I be able to change the browser settings or is there anything that i can do to override this new default?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

you should be able to override the browser by changing the emulation. What I was going to suggest was upgrading the os to .67 but, if you don't like "autodim" you are gonna hate it!

No idea what emulation is or how to change it but I'm guessing that autodim is when the backlight goes down to save the battery?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

yeah it is kinda annoying... If you check the browser config and you go to where the browser is listed, it doesn't let you change it?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

carson, Go to Option/Advanced Options/Browser and see what options you have for Default Browser Configuration. IF you see Internet set it to that. If you don't see that, Call Orange Customer Care and ask for the BlackBerry Support desk and request they setup your account to receive the BlackBerry Internet Browser Service Book.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks, I'll try this.

Hotkiller no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello everybody and all bb experts (thank u all, for your topics have been very helpful regarding my "compulsive" need of the pearl...!).
    First message for me as I'm a newbie on this site but I'm quite interested by this topic as I exactly have the same problem : I use Orange in France and I can't use any other browser than the orange one.
    I called the dedicated hotline but I was answered that I could'nt use anything else because I was not using BB enterprise server...! So I told them that the browser was just a simple service they could send to my bb but they did not want to...

And by the way, Orange has always been strange regarding its politic to the blackberry : when you buy it, it's completely locked and it seems that you can't use anything else than what Orange wants you to.
    For instance : if you go to download a phone ring, you can't save it in the media player : I had the problem with my former 8700 and it's still the same with the pearl : the orange internet browser doesn't allow you to save anyfile (you don't have "save the target as...in the menu or something like that...you're just able to save a web page...!).

Anyway Carson if you manage to get the browser just let me know how you did....
    And last but not least I apologize in advance for my english which I did not practice a lot since school which means a long long time ago...!

kercus05 no está en línea Stack level 2

help me plz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast