i see all these threads saying GO TO THIS WEBSITE ON UR BROWSER... i dont ... 81xx Themes forum

ondeez101 no está en línea Stack level 2

8100 themes

Advertisement

i see all these threads saying GO TO THIS WEBSITE ON UR BROWSER...
    i dont have the internet plan on my phone

is there n e way to get any other 8100 themes onto my phone through my computer?

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: 8100 themes

So far, NO

Only using your BB browser

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ondeez101

There are a few that can be "installed" using the Desktop Manager. Check out the How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes Thread.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Something I've been wondering is can you install the software development kit, run the 8100 emulator and download themes to it? Then backup the emulator and upload the bakup to your phone?

I'd try it but I have XP x64 at home so sadly I cannot use my USB cable as there are no drivers...

Bill

itsrichduh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25476af4

not being funny but whats the point of having a blackberry and no data plan?
    Aim: Richsidekickinit
    PIN: 250DE7B9
    YIM: itsrichduh

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by itsrichduh
    not being funny but whats the point of having a blackberry and no data plan?
    Come on ask geeks like me why I want the latest geek tool... do I even need a reason

Seriously though I got mine for Christmas but I still love it; even Sans-Data (sans is a French word for without). Plans are just to crazily priced in Canada to make it worth my while to get one. I am a software developer and I sit in front of a computer 8 hours at work and then 2-5 hours at night at home (both of which have high speed).

So for me to pay $40 to check my email on a phone would be ridiculous. Thats more than I pay for highspeed per month and imagine if high speed at home capped at 1Mb/month usage. I got text messaging out of my system with my last phone. I went WAY over my limit and ended up with an extra $40 charge on my bill for messages.

Plus I have a 19" monitor that is way easier to browse on and converse via email then a 2" screen (if its even that big). I will say that it does the MP3 trick for me. I won't bother with an iPod or any other mp3 player brand. I just wish it had an EQ.

Now going back to software development. In my spare time I wrote some Java apps for my old Moto phone. I might upload them to my Blackberry at some point once I get Win 2k on my older laptop (currently it has Me). So since RIM drivers support neither Me or XP x64bit I haven't gotten back into midlet development again... but hopefully soon.

I guess for me its not about what the phone already has I want to hack this puppy up and thats where I find the Blackberry user community lacking - when compared to the Moto community. I want custom start-up / shutdown vids and sounds, I want the ability to turn off the camera click, I want custom hacks that allow say video recording. I don't need data to do that, but what I DO need are 64 bit drivers

Bill