Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142 LastLast

Hi, I am having a problem getting themes to work on my phone. I upload ... 81xx Themes forum

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

Hi,
    I am having a problem getting themes to work on my phone. I upload them but they don't show up oh my phone under themes. I have downloaded a bunch of themes of various web sites and but only like 3 out of say 20 are working. I am having a really hard time getting themes to work. I have no idea what i am doing wrong. I dunno if i need to get this "plazmatic" theme reader or if i need to up date my software on my phone.
    If there is someone that could help me out with this i would be so grateful. I just need help from square one, just break down the whole process for me so that i know what i am doing. If it helps you could just send me a email on Pin Stack so that i get.
    Thanks a TON
    Che17

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: theme help!!!

Che,
    You don't need to load the theme reader, it is included in the Pearl's Device Software. But you do need to make sure that the themes you are trying to add are exported for the Pearl and a Device Software package that is the same or earlier than that running on your Pearl

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: theme help!!!

Rcbjr,
    Thanks you for you help with the theme reader question. How do i find out what software verison the themes that i have are exported for? Do i need to up date my phone software so that i can use these thems? If i am not using the correct phone software for the theme that i am trying to use will it upload to my phone but just not show up in the themes folder when i try and use it?
    Last edited by che17; 01-04-2008 at 09:28 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

che17,

Looking at your phone stats you will need 8100 themes exported for target o.s of 4.2.0. If you do end up installing 8100 themes exported for the target o.s of 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 the theme will install and show up in your theme menu but not give you the option to activate the theme.

Yes, you could update your handheld o.s if you choose to in order to get those themes to work, that of course is up to you and an entire different process (updating your handheld o.s).

Keep in mind also? phones only have soo much memory and if you install too many themes you phone will continue to let you install new themes but they will not give you the option to activate them. There is simply not enough memory left on your phone. If that turns out to be the case you will have to remove one or two themes to make room for the newer desired theme.

hope that makes sense?

hton12 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ekzt1nr the last themes that you posted take us to another site where the alx file downloads directly but will not work with desktop manager. Is there a way to change this way of downloading because I really like the lightning and ferrari theme.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

If you clicked on the link (either or) it should take you to a screen with a download link at the bottom...once you click that, it should save it to your desktop (or where ever you put it to save to) then open your DM n go to app loader n open it....

If that's wut your doing.... pm me back so I could be more of assistance....

The links do work...I tried them out n other stackers told me they have those exact themes on their BB downloaded n working well...so idk wut could be going on

Just pm if your still having problems so that I could help with adding those themes on your pearl

Quote Originally Posted by hton12 View Post
    Ekzt1nr the last themes that you posted take us to another site where the alx file downloads directly but will not work with desktop manager. Is there a way to change this way of downloading because I really like the lightning and ferrari theme.

TehSL4YER no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes

this just downloads but never works, i have tried several ways... all ota n dont work... (talking about the binary one)...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes

Quote Originally Posted by TehSL4YER View Post
    this just downloads but never works, i have tried several ways... all ota n dont work... (talking about the binary one)...
    which theme are you talking about?
    have you tried a battery pull?

stejogabonito10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
    I OTA'd the iPhone2 theme, did the battery pull, it showed up in my themes list but it does nothing when I select it.?.
    ay man i was just wondering how i can make my own themes i dk if u can help me?

garypip no está en línea Stack level 3

cherri,

your website file "com_plazmic_theme_orbsmicon.zip" is corrupt and won't unzip.

gary

Qinqers no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2055A46F

Hey guys. So, I'm having the same problem with my themes not showing up. I know they're for my OS (4.2.0) and they show up in my applications list, but definitely not in my themes list. I've pulled out the battery to reset it, I've even wiped my berry, but no luck so far. Can anyone help me out or link me to where the answer has been posted previously? Thanks.

Mimi

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Qinqers View Post
    Hey guys. So, I'm having the same problem with my themes not showing up. I know they're for my OS (4.2.0) and they show up in my applications list, but definitely not in my themes list. I've pulled out the battery to reset it, I've even wiped my berry, but no luck so far. Can anyone help me out or link me to where the answer has been posted previously? Thanks.

Mimi
    im guessing you have the ORIGINAL operating system on the pearl and need to upgrade. the older pearls were shipped with the wrong plazmic theme reader on them. if you download the OS, install to your PC and then run application loader, that should install the right plazmic theme reader

PIN/ID
    2055A46F

And here comes the dumb question. Where do I download the OS?

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Qinqers View Post
    And here comes the dumb question. Where do I download the OS?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_09jan08.html

PIN/ID
    2055A46F

Perfect. Thank you!