Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041 ... LastLast

I seem to be having trouble with step one (imagine that as a new BB ... 81xx Themes forum

JPBagley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31798AFC

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

I seem to be having trouble with step one (imagine that as a new BB Pearl user). I attempted to e-mail myself links of OTA themes and when I attempt to "Get Link", it gives me a 404 error message. Can anyone help me out here?

darion83 no está en línea Stack level 1

When I try to add the duck hunting theme to my BB, it gives me the message about no additional applications designed for your device were found. I thought it was DM, so I download the latest V3. I'm running V4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83). Any ideas?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Darion .. Do u have the 4.2.1.107 installed on your pc?

Also the theme builder may have exported it wrong too. I find that exporting to 4.2.0 is the best format to make sure it is compatible with all pearls

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Darion .. Do u have the 4.2.1.107 installed on your pc?

Also the theme builder may have exported it wrong too. I find that exporting to 4.2.0 is the best format to make sure it is compatible with all pearls

v4.2.1.107 on my pc? I wasnt aware that it was on my pc, I thought only the DM was on my pc.

on my bb, it says v4.2.1.107. DM is the newest version
    Last edited by darion83; 12-03-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: extra info

PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, so i am guessing this is the first time that you have tried to install themes using desktop manager? and i was assuming that you had 4.2.1.107 installed on your PC as well, or did the BB come with that OS loaded on it?

you need BOTH the OS and DM installed on your PC to use DM to load apps/themes

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ok, so i am guessing this is the first time that you have tried to install themes using desktop manager? and i was assuming that you had 4.2.1.107 installed on your PC as well, or did the BB come with that OS loaded on it?

you need BOTH the OS and DM installed on your PC to use DM to load apps/themes

no this is not the first time to download themes to my BB. ive downloaded many themes, but never had this message.

PIN/ID
    ATA

i would start by downloading and installing the 4.2.1.107 OS to your PC. then trying to load the apps. it could be the 4.3 DM upgrade. try that please ...

MunnyGuy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Install using your desktop manager.

1. Download the zip file to your PC:
    2. Unzip the file to a folder (name the folder).
    3. Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
    4. Open up Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
    5. Find the file called “ThemeName.alx” and click “OK”.
    6. Re-boot the phone when done.

Notes:
    Icons from any third party vendors will show as they normally do, without transparency.

Additionally after installing themes keep the theme folder in the same place or the desktop manager will produce a message saying it can't find any additional applications to install in the future if you attempt to install additional themes.

Phones do have memory limits, you may not be able to keep a never ending list of themes installed. If you find that a theme does not show up look at how many themes you have installed and consider removing one to make room for the newly install theme.
    I have done all of this but when I click ADD and point it to the .alx in my BB folder I get the following message "NO ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS DESIGNED FOR YOUR DEVICE WERE FOUND". I installed v. 4.3.0.15 of Device Manager. What am I doing wrong?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Install your handheld code on the pc. The desktop manager and the handheld code are two different programs. You can download your handheld code (aka: handheld O.S) from your carriers web site for free. Both need to be installed on the pc your using. See if that solves the problem.

Ahhhhhhh..... just installed the additional (not Device Manager) software and all is golden. Thank you!

Darion..... Cannot respond to PM I am still TOO MUCH A NOOB!!! )

Go to your cell provider, call up your pearl and go to their SUPPORT page here: SORRY THEY WILL NOT LET ME POST URLS EITHER AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH. Go to Tmobile, Support, Pearl, UPGRADE...
    choose your phone and enter your phone #. (I could not get past this point as I am not a Tmobile client) You should see downloads. 1 will be your Device Manager called Blacberry Desktop Software v4.3. And another program called BLACKBERRY 81XX WIRELESS HANDHELD (TM). This second program you must download and install ON YOUR DESKTOP. Then run the Device Manager and all should be cool!

Good Luck!

ewylie no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anybody found out where to download the hunting theme from ?

stowberryjamz no está en línea Stack level 1

For the Verizon blackberry downloads, I only saw (1) desktop manager, (2) device manager and, (3) vz access manager.. I have the first two in v4.3. Does any other verizon subscriber have the same problem with installing themes/other apps?

Xandra73 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F2ECB6

Quote Originally Posted by darion83 View Post
    no this is not the first time to download themes to my BB. ive downloaded many themes, but never had this message.
    ok so my issue is that I have 4.2 Device OS on my pearl and 4.2.0.14 as my Desktop OS and i have the same issue. the themes i was trying to load was the Boondock Saints and the Celtic Knots themes.

o2cool no está en línea Stack level 1

i have found out that in the browser i had to change the network option from t-zones to blackberry browser and its fine now.