Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo berryhead - how are you downloading it? are you unzipping it ... 81xx Themes forum

berryhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    berryhead - how are you downloading it?

are you unzipping it too?

what exactly is happening?
    just wont let it be loaded from the dm and yes i unzipp everytime----lol

bardog no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Questions Concerning Building Themes for The Pearl/8100

I have 8100 I download some theme and I can't find them

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Berryhead after unzipping the contents rename bluematrix.cod to com_plazmic_theme_bluematrix.cod and then load it through DM.

Bardog reboot your pearl, either through softreset or Battery pull. Then the themes will show up in options->themes

mikebidwell no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jhayman
    Let's see if I can summarize the problems seen so far
    1) Unable to download - seems to be fixed now
    2) Missing time - the new link seems to fix that
    3) After a reboot, the theme shows up in the list, but activating does nothing
    4) After a reboot, the theme doesn't show up in Options->Themes

Issues 3 and 4 are a bit worrisome. Let's do some sanity checks.

a) We've already ruled out carrier and OS versions, since other people with the same carrier and OS don't appear to have the problem, right?

b) What other themes do you have on your device? Any strange ones? Any traditional ones that are missing?

c) If you go to Options->Advanced Options->Applications, then choose "Modules" from the menu, do you see "com_plazmic_themereader" (you should). Do you see "com_plazmic_theme_reader" (you shouldn't). Do you see "com_plazmic_theme_xxxx" (where xxx is the theme name)?

What Next? I don't show any themes on my phone but when I go into the applications =>Modules, It is there.
    HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What Next? I don't show any themes on my phone but when I go into the applications =>Modules, It is there.
    What is your answer to this question?
    c) If you go to Options->Advanced Options->Applications, then choose "Modules" from the menu, do you see "com_plazmic_themereader" (you should).
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

mikebidwell no está en línea Stack level 1

I have read all the pages in this form, and still nothing.
    2 questions:
    1. where do you find the (com_plazmic_Reader), is it in the applications under modules? If so I don't have one.
    2. Where can you get this reader?

bebeberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I downloaded the Iberry theme and it doesnt work. I downloaded it to my pc then unzipped it and installed it on my BBP through desktop manager/ applications. But it did not show up in my theme folder. So I tried reseting the battery, I tried deleting it and reinstalling it. I tried downloading a different theme reader. But still nothin works.
    I dont have internet on my BB anymore so this is the only way i can do it.

Under my bb options/applications it says:
    8100iberry theme
    and
    blackberry 4.2 core app
    and
    Plazmic Theme Reader

why is it not working

myoung9300 no está en línea Stack level 1

does anyone know if the peral needs a plasmic theme reader to see your themes in the application? if so where can i get it?

the reason why I ask is because I download a them from the website, unzip it, install it through the blackberry manager, pull the battery out and put it back, turn it on, gone back into the themes and they are not there?
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by myoung9300
    the reason why I ask is because I download a them from the website, unzip it, install it through the blackberry manager, pull the battery out and put it back, turn it on, gone back into the themes and they are not there?
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Theme install help.

OTA (over-the-air)

The OTA install method is easy and fast and requires no PC or USB cables. You should use the Internet browser on your BlackBerry (not the WAP browser) to navigate to the web page containing the link for the installation.

You can type this into the browser on your device or paste it into an email you send to yourself and launch it from the email message. Select and click on the theme's name, then use the Get Link option from the pop-up menu. The next screen will prompt you to download the file or cancel. Some information about the file is also displayed. Select Download and the process will begin. On EDGE and EVDO networks, the download should take less than one minute. Upon completion, you will be prompted to reboot the device.
    If this is your first time installing a theme via OTA, I recommend you download the theme file first, do NOT reboot, then download the Theme Reader (same web page) and then reboot. After that you'll be ready to use the new theme.
    Note: 8100/Pearl device does NOT need the theme reader file.
    Note: 8300/Curve device does NOT need the theme reader file.
    Note: 8800 device does NOT need the theme reader file.

Install using your desktop manager.

1. Download the zip file to your PC:
    2. Unzip the file to a folder (name the folder).
    3. Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
    4. Open up Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
    5. Find the file called “ThemeName.alx” and click “OK”.
    6. Find the file called "Plazmic_Theme_reader.alx" and click "ok".

Note: 8100/Pearl users omit step 6 above. The theme reader is NOT needed.
    After the installation finishes, you can now change your themes by going to Options (wrench icon) –> Theme.

Notes:
    Icons from any third party vendors will show as they normally do, without transparency.
    If you have already installed themes using plazmic_theme_reader.alx file in the past no need to re-load that file over again.
    Additionally after installing themes keep the theme folder in the same place or the desktop manager will produce a message saying it can't find any additional applications to install in the future if you attempt to install additional themes.

Phones do have memory limits, you may not be able to keep a never ending list of themes installed. If you find that a theme does not show up look at how many themes you have installed and consider removing one to make room for the newly install theme.

Hope this helps?

that didn't help. I still can't see them in the themes. Please anything would help.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    Theme install help.

Phones do have memory limits, you may not be able to keep a never ending list of themes installed. If you find that a theme does not show up look at how many themes you have installed and consider removing one to make room for the newly install theme.

Hope this helps?
    Ok, so I un-installed all of the themes that I downloaded over this website, turned off my phone, turned it on and installed it again, pulled the battery out, put the battery back in turned it on, went to the "themes" and they still wern't there.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mikebidwell, bebeberry, and

I believe the three of you need to follow the directions I gave in post 83 of this thread, At least you need to go to Options/Advanced Options/applications (Not Menu/Modules) and if you see Com_Plazmic_theme_reader, Delete it.
    Then Download and Install the current Version (The same As in you Pearl or a later version if you want to upgrade) of the HandHeld Software to your PC. Then Connect to the PC and open Desktop Manager. If it offers you the option to Upgrade, do it.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Somebody else told me that the pearl doesn't need to have a theme reader. If we do, where do I get this, as stated in one of my previous replies.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

The Pearls o.s (operating system) comes with that file built in. There is no theme reader file available to simply download or install. Therefore if for some reason your Pearl is missing that file the process Rcbjr mentioned is what you will need to do in order to get the file back on the phone. Some carriers seemed to have left out that file. Installing your o.s over or a newer one will install the theme reader file back on to the phone.

Hope this helps?