Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

im pretty sure i dont have the plazmic theme reader loaded in my appl. but ... 81xx Themes forum

AlexB82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8100/Pearl Themes

Advertisement

im pretty sure i dont have the plazmic theme reader loaded in my appl. but i was reading on here and it said that you didnt need it if using os 4.2 ver. and also how do you tell which themes are for your os ver.? i even went in and changed the permissions of the themes in the advanced options , and hard reset and still not showing up i have 3 themes loaded but they're not showing up on the themes list

AlexB82 no está en línea Stack level 1

No i have TMO ver 4.2.0.64 its the most up to date version from my carrier, i just cant figure out why the themes arent showing up in the themes list?

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Theme upload question. I think this is the appropriate place for this question.

I just finished my first theme and ready to upload along with a couple of screen shots. My question is about which files to upload. I exported my theme to ALX format and see several .cod files. All have the "com_plazmic_theme_themename-#.cod" and are about 55kb each...about 11 of them. Then there is one that is 605kb. Do I upload all of them or just one. I am fairly sure that I should just upload the 605kb file, but I don't want to screw things up...
    Thanks!
    Thanks,
    dds911

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Quote Originally Posted by my968

I just finished my first theme and ready to upload along with a couple of screen shots. My question is about which files to upload. I exported my theme to ALX format and see several .cod files. All have the "com_plazmic_theme_themename-#.cod" and are about 55kb each...about 11 of them. Then there is one that is 605kb. Do I upload all of them or just one. I am fairly sure that I should just upload the 605kb file, but I don't want to screw things up...
    Thanks!
    Zip all the files up and remove the .thm file. The .thm file is not needed to install a theme. The other cod files are all part of the theme and needed when installing a theme.

When you are ready to upload the files since they will be installed using the desktop manager this would be the correct thread to upload to.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rl_themes.html

Thanks for sharing the theme.

sierrasmom97 no está en línea Stack level 2

If you are uploading it to be installed using the desktop manager you want to zip up both the alx & cod files. (there should be one of each) and then attach it to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by my968

Thanks!

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks. I will post it later today.

spacecowgurl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thumbs up Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes

I did find one minor cosmetic issue with this theme. In Internet browser, when you are typing a URL, the address at the top with SureType is black text on a black background. You can see on the SureType popup what you are typing but it's a little confusing.

So far, this is my fav theme (and I am not a Vista fan). It would be very cool to see other color/content themes built from this base.

Excellent job Steven!!!

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by StevenInSTL
    My Vista Theme
    [IMG]http://www.*********.com/images/Misc/VistaThm1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.*********.com/images/Misc/VistaThm2.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.*********.com/images/Misc/VistaThm3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.*********.com/images/Misc/VistaThm4.jpg[/IMG]

OTA Link

EDIT: I made a few cosmetic changes to this theme. As you can see, the Home screen has a black bar at the bottom..made to look like the Vista operating system. I've also changed some font colors, hopefully correcting the black-out syndrome when typing a password or username into a web block.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes

Quote Originally Posted by StevenInSTL
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone having a problem with the today theme srl posted? Its not on my themes list...and yes I reset my bb...twice... It shows on applications...not on themes list. I am using the German update too....
    I am I can't get the theme to show up either. I've never had any isses with installing any theme in the past but for some reason this theme does not show in the Theme menu. I don't have any additional 3rd party themes installed at the moment either. I tried ota and zip file and nothing seems to work.

I am using the original tmo pearl operating system. I do however think it's releated to the theme_reader file which is part of the operating system.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Alright i figured it out and the theme will now work and should show on all Pearls.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post338964

Download it again and be sure to first un-install the old version. I exported the theme wrong when preparing for the downloads.

It's working fine on my Pearl now.

It's nothing fancy i only wanted to test the darn thing out and get feedback.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post338964

DocTaKnoCk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    chillout

Question Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

the SCI FI theme has a problem with its transparency making it very difficult to see the menus when in the media section and many others,... PUNISHER can you please upload a better version without the transpafrent menus ?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

haven't seen punisher on in awhile...you might try to PM him

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

can anyone tell me why some of the themes cut of the date in the message folder??

berryhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by XLink
    Due to my previous miss post. Here is the one that should work. Comments appreciated.
    This is my first attempt at a theme. Idea was from the Matrix theme that I got from ic0n0clast. I used his icons too. I modified colors, wallpapers, and font sizes to what seemed to be the best configuration.

still cant load it...............dont know whats wrong---------am i doing something wrong??????????
    Last edited by berryhead; 07-16-2007 at 08:13 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

berryhead - how are you downloading it?

are you unzipping it too?

what exactly is happening?

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Berryhead are you downloading the zip and trying to load it through DM?

If so rename bluematirx.cod to com_plazmic_theme_bluematrix.cod and then try.