qbanhotsauce70 no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Re: 8100/Pearl Themes

Advertisement

hey so i was wondering baout the theme...it is really cool

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

quick question with themes...im not sure if this is all or just iphone theme, but when i am talking to someone on BB messenger and i go to insert symbols or emoticons, its really really slow. Like from page 1 to page 2 take maybe 5-10 seconds just to switch. any ideas?
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

rabbie - try to post theme issues in this thread, instead of the theme thread i moved it for you.

this problem is a known bug within the plazmic theme builder. custom themes with transparent menus will tend to show 'lag' when using the symbols menu....

the only way to avoid this is to switch themes.

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

oh okay, sorry about that. thanks for the help :-)
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

areynolds12 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: The Latest Curve OS from Optus Mobile Pty Limited (chinese/english ONLY)

cherri,

I love the personallycherri theme you created but It doesn't work on my pearl. when I try to use it, my messages and phone log are combined in the messages box.

can you please help me use, its awesome!

THanks a mil.

PIN/ID
    ATA

its not the theme...
    while in your message application choose menu/options
    then go to general settings
    the setting to separate will be the very last one.

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

Okay so I literally just got my blackberry pearl today and I love this theme and want to use it but whenever I try to go to the site from my bb it says: HTTP Error 404: Not Found. Does anyone know why this is doing that?

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks . My bad I meant to put the theme.. the iphone theme. and I've typed in:
    w*ww.mobile41.com/8100%20Theme...me_iPhone1.jad without the star
    and i've also just tried mobile.blackberry.com and a few other ones that don't work. but then i just got the colorpearl and I went to the freaksandgeeks website and that worked fine and I got it downloaded just fine.

I've also copied and pasted the links into an email and sent them to my phone..
    Sometimes I also get Error 502: Bad Gateway.

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

I am just about finished with my first theme. I am having difficulty with the size of the fonts. I am using ThemeBuilder 2.0.0.26, which I believe to be the latest for the 8100. When I select EDIT from the menu and select CHANGE FONTS, a dialog box comes up and says that if I change the font and size, it is supposed to have the same impact as if I were to make the change in the "Screen/Keyboard" option on the 8100.
    The default setting was 30. I thought it was an error. The fonts were huge. So, I entered size 9, BBSansSerif. ( the same as I would do if I were making the change in "screen/keyboard. When I saved the ALX file and loaded it into my 8100, the fonts were tiny! I swear they were a size 2! So, I went back and changed the size to 12. Now they are too big. Am I making the font selection in the wrong place?
    The help file in ThemeBuilder does not address font size, but talks generally about using appropriate sizes.
    Some help with font sizes would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Thanks,
    dds911

Thanks, Steve. I'll keep at it and eventually I will get it right.
    Thanks,
    dds911

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Steven is right its hit or miss. Especially with true type fonts. I find 15-20 to be the best size for clock/date

Thanks Cherri. The issue I have is with the menu font size. Any suggestions here?
    According to the help files in ThemeBuilder, True Type fonts are not supported and if used, they are bitmapped. Right?
    Thanks,
    dds911

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

i agree with Cherri.... i prefer my font sizes 15-20, except maybe for the time, i like that about 25ish. What i have noticed is that on the home zen screen, if you make those fonts too big (phone, messages, calender, browser font titles is what i am referring to) when you load the theme in your phone it will default back to the system font. i have noticed that with a few fonts i have used... but once i lower the font size to 18-20-22ish, they display fine.

from what i have read, yes, it converts TT fonts to bitmaps. I have been learning about fonts and found this one http://www.dafont.com/ Steve told me about this link... www.1001fonts.com and i just found this website (which i need to read when i get home) http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tuto...xel-fonts.html and http://04.jp.org/

i am sure if you do a search for free fonts, you will find a few more to share with us

something else that i have started to do is to actually view my fonts list c:\windows\fonts file or you can find it from your control panel and that way you can print/view font attributes/similar types... i have been messing around with it and learning a lot.

hope this helps.
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

Thanks for your responses. I use a freeware program akFontViewer 3.2.0 to view my fonts. If you do a search your the title you should be able to download the program from the author's website. It is really well done. I'm going to try to anti-alias a few fonts to see how they look.
    I am just in test mode on my 1st theme. I'll post it as soon as I think it's ready for prime time...so to speak.
    Thanks,
    dds911

AlexB82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok Need some help I am doing everything to the T when trying to load a new theme, but when I go to open options > themes...... the ones i load arent there? any thoughts? thanks