Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

you need to follow the instructions in post #212 above. updating your OS will give ... 81xx Themes forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

you need to follow the instructions in post #212 above. updating your OS will give you the plazmic theme reader file. that is the ONLY way that we have figured out how to get it on the device.

EDAV6 no está en línea Stack level 1

i completed that update. i first went to themes to see if they were there and no dice. so then i tried uninstalling the themes and reinstalling the poker theme and doing a full restart on the bb and still nothing. this is my first bb, i'm sorry

PIN/ID
    ATA

what os are you running now?

options/about
    third line down

tell me what it says

EDAV6 no está en línea Stack level 1

V.4.2.0.73 Platform 2.2.0.41

jp111193 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e96c33

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Pinstack or I have been on and just reading and not posting. But I sent the following email to Blackberry, RIM, Bplay, Plazmic and Magmic also Cingular. I have had ongoing issues with these themes loading ever since the OS upgrade. What is up with that? They certainly worked befor the "patch" now why are they not working. If it is public knowledge that themes are not working because of Plazmic, then why are other vendors allowed to advertise themes to buy which are not compatible. I am sure there is a law against this. Below is my email to these companies.

__________________________________________________ __________________

Hello,

I am a owner of the Blackberry Pearl (8100) I can't say proud yet. It is not everything I thought it would be until I am able to download the themes that I want. There are many of your consumers as myself who cannot just live with the same day to day theme, routine, or screen. It really affects the psyche of individuals in this day and age of technology to be able to take yourself out of the hustle and bustle of this busy life and look down at your phone (which has become a part of our skin) to see disney characters, a serene waterfall, or just maybe Nintendo Mario giving a high five. That is why it is imperative that you come out with a proper and efficient theme builder that will satisfy everyone in this very busy life.

I know that I have paid for many, many different themes that say it is compatible with the Pearl only to find out that it loads but does not work. So we the unsuspecting consumer end up with a phone load of themes that cannot be used, yet our credit cards have been charged. The very strange irony to this predicament is that before we uploaded or installed the "patch" from Blackberry we were able to then all of a sudden it stopped working. Help me to understand this. I realize that Blackberry, Plazmic, Magmic, Bplay and Research in Motion all are in close contact with each other, yet we the consumer is left out of the loop and some of these companies are profitting off of our lack of information and proper content. I really see a lawsuit pending with regards to what I see happening. I feel all are equally responsible including our service providers for the money being funneled out of our pockets.

I truly hope that this disservice does not continue. It is improper, unfair and immoral. On behalf of many consumers please give us some viable answers to these issues.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi,

Which o.s (version)? Can you discribe what you have done or your method of installing a theme?

Theme install help.

OTA (over-the-air)

The OTA install method is easy and fast and requires no PC or USB cables. You should use the Internet browser on your BlackBerry (not the WAP browser) to navigate to the web page containing the link for the installation. For this site Pinstacks

87xx ota theme downloads

71xx Over-The-Air Theme Downloads

8100/Pearl OTA Themes

You can type this into the browser on your device or paste it into an email you send to yourself and launch it from the email message. Select and click on the theme's name, then use the Get Link option from the pop-up menu. The next screen will prompt you to download the file or cancel. Some information about the file is also displayed. Select Download and the process will begin. On EDGE and EVDO networks, the download should take less than one minute. Upon completion, you will be prompted to reboot the device.
    If this is your first time installing a theme via OTA, I recommend you download the theme file first, do NOT reboot, then download the Theme Reader (same web page) and then reboot. After that you'll be ready to use the new theme.
    Note: 8100/Pearl device does NOT need the theme reader file.

Install using your desktop manager.

1. Download the zip file to your PC:
    2. Unzip the file to a folder (name the folder).
    3. Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
    4. Open up Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
    5. Find the file called “ThemeName.alx” and click “OK”.
    6. Find the file called "Plazmic_Theme_reader.alx" and click "ok".

Note: 8100/Pearl users omit step 6 above. The theme reader is NOT needed.
    After the installation finishes, you can now change your themes by going to Options (wrench icon) –> Theme.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...30_themes.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rl_themes.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...00_themes.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...00_themes.html

Notes:
    Icons from any third party vendors will show as they normally do, without transparency.
    If you have already installed themes using plazmic_theme_reader.alx file in the past no need to re-load that file over again.
    Additionally after installing themes keep the theme folder in the same place or the desktop manager will produce a message saying it can't find any additional applications to install in the future if you attempt to install additional themes.

Phones do have memory limits, you may not be able to keep a never ending list of themes installed. If you find that a theme does not show up look at how many themes you have installed and consider removing one to make room for the newly install theme.

Hope this helps?

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Re: 8100/Pearl Themes

Quote Originally Posted by laz

Here is my AT&T theme once again, I know I go crazy with icons lol
    OK...on these type of themes where the icons are on the left side of the home screen...is there a way to pick which programs appear on the homescreen???

PIN/ID
    23e96c33

Hello and thank your for responding. I have a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 with an OS of v4.2.0.71 (Platform 2.2.0.41).

I have tried both Over The Air and Desktop Manager. The theme is actually loading onto my Pearl and it shows under applications. But they are not recognized as Themes and never move over to the Themes folder.

I was on the phone with RIM yesterday for two hours and he simulated downloading one of the themes that I paid for at Bplay with no success also. I don't understand what the issue is. If the problem is not enough memory it would not load my theme as it has told me before at which time I had to remove some programs. But it just does not recognize any Plazmic themes what-so-ever. Also I want to let you know that I do take out the battery after each download to reboot with no luck. So what do I do now, wait for another upgrade to my phone or run it over with my car? Please help me decide?

PIN/ID
    Retired

Don't run it over.

How many themes are currently on the phone?

It sounds as tho you may be missing the theme reader file?
    go to options>advanced options>applications>blackberry 4.2 core applications>

view properties

scroll down the list and look for com_plazmic_theme_reader

be sure that is installed.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: 8100/Pearl Themes

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum
    OK...on these type of themes where the icons are on the left side of the home screen...is there a way to pick which programs appear on the homescreen???
    Conv key> move applications

PIN/ID
    23e96c33

Hello again,

I have 18 themes loaded on my BlackBerry Pearl and 4 games 6 extra application programs and 3 email addresses and many pictures and ringtones many of the pictures and ringtones I have downloaded to my 1gig media card.

I also scrolled down the BlackBerry 4.2 core applications and I did not see the com_plazmic_theme_reader in the application log. I do however in my frustration deleted it of my handheld directly because I was under the impression through many of these posts that the 8100 Pearl did not need the that application to run since it was already included on the BlackBerry 8100. Please Help?

Thanks a million.

PIN/ID
    Retired

The com_plazmic_theme_reader is needed or the themes will not work.

18 themes is too many.

Those are the two issues i see and the cause of your themes not working.

The fix will be to add back the theme reader file via re-loading the os and removing several themes not being used each day.

The last part of my theme install help above says it best. You can not keep a never ending list of themes phones have memory limits.
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-13-2007 at 07:09 AM.

PIN/ID
    23e96c33

Hi SRL7741,

You are like Clark Kent "My Hero". You have saved me from a life long agony of headaches, stress and a run over Blackberry. I have followed all of your instructions and links and you were right, I deleted the com_plazmic_theme_reader which was greatly needed. I reinstalled the OS using one of your links in #220 and also made sure that I got rid of all but 3 themes now 24 hours later and with my laptop next to me I fell asleep woke up the next morning and everything worked. I can't believe I spent all those hours on the phone with Cingular Tech Support and still no results. You are the "MAN" thanks to you I can see images again. Can I ask you a favor, could you please start working for Cingular and RIM they obviously need people like you to satisfy their customers.

A Million Thanks

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Themes...

Ok....I have downloaded a few new themes...(OTA) and when I reboot they don't show up! And I'm wondering why they aren't! Any help there....
    The main theme I want displayed right now is called Tri-Color...phone says already exists but it's not there...I've turned off and back on...did a battery pull! Nothing... They are even listed on my Blackberry desktop but nothing...help please!

...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00

PIN/ID
    ATA

OS version?
    options/about
    third line down

plazmic theme reader version?
    options/advanced options/applications
    click menu/choose modules
    com_plazmic_themereader
    what version is it?

the digits for both, should match...if they don't, you need to reload or update your current operating system on your device.

::edit:: same solution if the file doesn't exist