Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Ok, I do not know what to do. I have the pearl from tmobile and ... 81xx Themes forum

KatyEnochs no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

Ok, I do not know what to do. I have the pearl from tmobile and i updated all of my software to 4.2 and then before i read about it already having the theme reader i added an old version of 4.1 and now i cannot get rid of it and get 4.2. I have followed all of the instructions about deleting it and then going back into app loader, but it only gives me the option of reinstalling the 4.1 theme reader, no 4.2! So what do i have to do to get back 4.2?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi KatyEnochs,

On your pc where the old theme reader file is can you delete that file or remove it from that directory?
    Then after deleting it or moving it connect your phone again to the desktop manager and see if it gives the option to remove that incorrect version from the phone.

KatyEnochs no está en línea Stack level 2

No, it does not give me the option. I did delete it from my desktop now, so i do not have any theme_reader at all. Can i dowload the 4.2 theme reader anywhere? Now i do not have anything, and i want themes!!!! HELP!!!

PIN/ID
    Retired

The theme reader for the 4.2 os is built into the operating system. There is no one file that can be downloaded or installed as in the past.

Install your phones operating system onto your computer. After installing the software on your computer then plug the phone back into the computer and open the desktop manager. It should allow you to update that file or any other fines that may be missing from the phone.

hope that helps.

ps. Installing the phones operating system to the pc is not the same as to the phone itself.
    The desktop manager program is also not the same things as the phones operating system.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KatyEnochs
    Ok, could you give me instructions on how to download the operating system to the pc as well?

Hi KatyEnochs,

Also see:http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html

For your carriers software download. After downloading the file to your computer, install it on your computer.

Note. this software is installed onto your computer. Do not have your phone plugged into the computer at that time and do not have the desktop manager open.

Then after installing the software to your computer, re-boot the computer. When back up plug your phone into the computer and run desktop manager. The desktop manager will recongize the software update and prompt you from there.

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers
    I think some people may be looking at the abbreviated link rather than the actual link.

For example, taking the very first theme in this thread, the link looks like

www.mobile41.com/8100%20Theme...ZenBatman1.jad
    but that is just the abbreviation for the real URL which is
    www.mobile41.com/8100%20Themes/8100%20ota/Comic%20ota/Zen-Batman1%20ota/com_plazmic_theme_SLZenBatman1.jad

I hope that helps those are are having problems
    Hi all, 3rd day on the Pinstack crew and loving it! However, I was facing the same issue like of some of us here that were having issues with bringing the url up on the phone, that same HTTP error. Tried all suggestions on this thread and nothing worked. Sinker, that url you posted for the real url, it did finally work, cheers! However, it is a hassle if I have to type that WHOLE url for each theme. Sending the link to my email and copying it from there is also a solution but how were you able to retrieve the whole URL? Can I get the URL OTA? Seems like others that got it to work in an easier w/o the whole URL string. Please help. Thanks in advance!

schmunger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317d7c77

For those of you who still having problems getting to the links for the OTA Theme downloads to work on your BB, check out the new thread I have created. Another Way to Download OTA Themes...

JAGBERRY no está en línea Stack level 1

If your theme dosen't show or work just right after you install it from the PC software desktop manager to your phone that the red light come on take out the battery (make sure the back is off cause you have to be quick taking it out) wait for like 10 sec and them put it back in wait until it loads go to your themes it should be there. make sure not to have iBB or plazmic theme reader in your phone if you see it in your options-advance-application delete them. It worked with me.. iphone v1 & Zen, ferrari, bubble blue, iron stone, etc..

janet77 no está en línea Stack level 1

How To Download Ota Themes?

Hi

There are various great themes shown on this website to be download via the BB via it's browser but there are NO links/addresses to type in given.

How do I find the themes?

Thanks,
    j

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

what device do you have? you are in the 8100 theme forum.
    here is a link to the 8100 OTA links.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post233932

janet77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi
    Thanks for your reply - i later discovered the links when I accessed with my BB exceot on the iPhone Theme which was missing - later saw some talk of controversy.. can i get it anywhere?
    Thanks,
    J

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by janet77
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply - i later discovered the links when I accessed with my BB exceot on the iPhone Theme which was missing - later saw some talk of controversy.. can i get it anywhere?
    Thanks,
    J
    The links can be found here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post233932

I think page 10 or later?

gdbeaver no está en línea Stack level 1

I downloaded the Zen6 theme (medical) everything works fine except when I scroll under options the only items displayed are the ones highlighted. Same happens in phone book. Everything is invisible unless I highlight it.

gdbeaver no está en línea Stack level 1

I realize the font is white... Is there awy to change the font or backgroung in the theme so the text wont be invisible?

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gdbeaver
    I realize the font is white... Is there awy to change the font or backgroung in the theme so the text wont be invisible?
    Use this link to download the most current version of that theme. The minor errors have been resolved.

Medical theme ota:
    http://www.mobile41.com/8100%20Theme...SLMedical1.jad

screen shot link for theme.
    http://www.mobile41.com/8100%20Theme...0ota/zmed1.jpg

Thanks

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast