Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Was it an Cod/ALX package that you installed using the App Loader? As I said ... 81xx Themes forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

Advertisement

Was it an Cod/ALX package that you installed using the App Loader? As I said I don't understand why you need to re-install it after loading a new theme, unless you are doing something in the Theme installation process that removes the patch. I will be trying it later, and may be able to help more then.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

In the beginning of Posting Pearl themes i did not have the Pearl in my hands. Now i do and i'm still confused as to why some have problems and others do not?

Out of the box (T-Mobile) i charged the battery and then install a theme via ota. I pulled the battery (based on this thread) and after re-starting the phone the theme work like a charm.

I'm using the original Pearl os (operating system). I have not updated it and don't really think fixing things that are not broken is always best.

So for those who are still having issues installing Pearl theme(s) i would love to know a few additional things?

1. Carrier
    2. update(s) to your operating system? (yes or no)
    3. method of install

thanks to those who care to post answers.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

also...i have never had to do a battery pull to get my theme to show up...do you think that is OTA related?

and my phone is old...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

srl, I too, have been trying to figure this out. I think there were a couple of things. One being Cingular and the OS not loading the 4.2 version of the Theme reader, the first Time you load a them using desktop Manager to load. If you had 4.1 installed on a BB that had connected to the PC you were loading from it didn't try to update until the secondtime you connected. Another may have been people, just automatically loading the 4.1 OTA theme reader because it had been mentioned some much before.

Don't really know, nor can I guarrentee a procedure that will work first time for all users.

Cherri, When you load an app using Apploader, it will always do the Reboot during the process. OTA will not and you need to manually.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

Smile Re: 8100 Theme Problems/Issues

ok,ok,ok. I am sure that this question has bee asked many times now. But when I attempt to use the links provided to get somenew themes, I get an error 404 saying page cannot be displayed. The only theme I have been able to get was the iron stone theme. I cannot see any links for the apple themes. I have tried on many different occasions and different times of day to get these links to work. Can somebody please explain the easiest way to get these to work?????

Thanks for the assistance!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

If the links are ota (over-the-air) links aks end in .jad then you need to browse to them with the blackberry browser and click on the link to download the file direct to the phone.
    If the files are zip files those are meant to be downloaded via a pc and installed via the desktop manager.

hope that helps?

PIN/ID
    206B9510

I tried this via ota through an email with an attatchment with the same links in it. I've tried your suggestion also and still nothing. When I dl the iron stone link, it went through without any issues at all. But every other link gives me the same error message. What are the full URL links? Cause all the other links seem abbreviated. Any thoughts? PM me if it is easier. Thanks a bunch!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    206B9510

yay! thanks for the help. I feel dumb right now. The easiest way to get themes is vist the forum right from your bb and dl the links right there. I was trying from the pc, copying the links and email ing them back to me. Wow what a day!!!

thanks again

PIN/ID
    206B9510

Can someone make an Ottawa Senators Theme? If you could, that would be super sweet!!!!

let me know.

Thanks.

beautifl no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love the tinkerbell theme.however the month stays on March 1st, it won't update

PIN/ID
    ATA

beautifl - when did you download it? how did you download it?
    the zip file located in the 8100 threads has been updated as of last night
    the OTA file may not have been updated yet or you just need to refresh your browser.

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2

Is anyone making a Razorback Theme (Arkansas)
    that would be pretty cool on the home screen have the razorback on the background

poohangel06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EED5FE

hello people..i have a question..i have a BB pearl and i am wanting to send a theme to my husband but i dont know how???? could someone please help???
    POOHANGEL

PIN/ID
    ATA

poohangel - you can send a theme to your husband, via email, by sending him the zip file...im guessing your husband has a pearl too?

poohangel06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EED5FE

yes he does...we dont have email accounts on the pearl tho...could i send it from the computer to his phone???
    POOHANGEL

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast