i am new to this forum and having a seriously difficult time instaling the any ... 81xx Themes forum

RyanOsh no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8100 Theme Installing Problem

Advertisement

i am new to this forum and having a seriously difficult time instaling the any of the iphone themes from mobile41.com . I had them sent to me in an email so i accessed it through my BB browser and download them and they go through, but when i go to options>themes they are not there. I have a apple computer so i do not have the Desktop Manager. Any ideas? suggestions? or help anyone can offer...thanks alot

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: 8100 Theme Installing Problem

Welcome to Pinstack!

Do me favor... Pull the battery while the phone is on, leave it out for 30 seconds, replace it... let us know if its in the right spot

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    Welcome to Pinstack!

Do me favor... Pull the battery while the phone is on, leave it out for 30 seconds, replace it... let us know if its in the right spot
    I did all of that and it is still showing up under applications in advanced options it is not showing up under themes....it is driving my crazy and i am about to give up any other advice?

bbriand no está en línea Stack level 3

Do you have access to a PC computer? I am just curious if themes install properly with Desktop Manager.

Something else when you browse to the themes from the Pearl's web browser are you downloading OTA themes? I am wondering if you are downloading zip files and saving them to your Pearl. This would not give you the theme on your phone.

Bill

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

RyanOsh, Welcome to PinStack.

I believe that the cause of your problem is that there is an application missing in your OS installation. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and open the menu. Select Modules. Do you see one listed that says com_plazmic_theme_reader? If not you will need to find a way to update the theme reader that is provided in the OS 4.2 installation. I believe you may need to find a PC to do this, but I am not really sure. If you do see one by that name, what version is it?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I do not have the plazmic theme reader on the phone, but i was told that you did not that file on the pearl to download the themes and get it to work. I cant copy the links below due to me not being a stack level 2, but the links are from srl1447 at mobile41.com...it says ota in the link, but i am downloading them directly from email onto the phone.
    any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

As I said, there apparently is a problem with the initial installation of the Theme Reader Module in the Pearl OS. I have found that if you install a custom Theme built with the THeme Builder and then connect up to a PC that is properly configured with DeskTop Manager and the Current BB OS installed, when you Open Desktop Manager it will recoginize that the Theme Reader module is missing and give you the Update. You can not install the 4.2 Version of the Theme Reader Module OTA.

I really don't know how to help you since you are using an Apple Computer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

if i am able to get to a PC is there a website to download the desktop manager? i got my phone from ebay and it did not come with the manual or CD with the desktop manager software on there?

So if i get to a PC with desktop Manager and i sync the BB it will recognize i am missing the theme file, andit will prompt me to install it and that should take care of the problem?

Thank you so much for helping me with this.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Check out the revelavant links on the BB FAQ & Guides page for where to get the latest OS for your carrier/device and how to update it. The specific ones you will want are Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier) and How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry.

You will need both the Desktop Manager 4.2 and the OS download file For your Pearl installed on the PC.
    Desktop manager can be found here.
    Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

platnymplaya no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the current version of both the download manager and plasmic theme reader, but when i try to download the themes to my phone an error message comes up saying that the digital signatures were invalid. Please help!!!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Are you on a BES? If so, Your BB Admin has instituted an IT Policy that prohibits downloading unsigned applications. This will be a problem for you to download any themes that haven't been signed.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer