Zhiing is a free LBS (Location Based Service) for sending real-time messages with map and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Zhiinger no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Zos Communications announces Zhiing for Blackberry

Advertisement

Zhiing is a free LBS (Location Based Service) for sending real-time messages with map and driving directions to and from mobile phones and to the automotive GPS system, Dash™. zhiings can be sent from mobile device to mobile device and from computer to mobile device.

With the zhiing browser add-on installed, the software recognizes physical addresses and enables users to send those addresses from their computer to themselves or any mobile number by clicking on the zhiing icon next to the address.

The zhiing application and services are free. Standard data and messaging charges from the receiver’s mobile carrier will apply. Mobile devices that are not currently supported will receive multiple SMS messages with turn-by-turn directions if they reply to the incoming zhiing with their current location.

zhiing is designed to be a cross-platform and non-device-specific location messaging utility that will function internationally. zhiing is not to be confused with closed networks or device-specific, membership-only services.
    Last edited by Zhiinger; 10-27-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Correct typo

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    http://www.zhiing.com/what.php?action=download Enter your mobile number for instructions and ota

NOTE: you must have bbmaps installed to use this, which i didnt, but during install it gave me the link to install bbmaps and then goes right back to the install :P

I wished it used google but then google isnt native bb so it would be hard, but why doesnt it just get your loc from your GPS if you have it? hrmmm good question

One thing, i guess I will have to wait till im outside and can find some satelites to test this futher. However I noticed it runs in the back ground, I ususally delete any program that runs in the background and can not be turned off once its started... and then every time you alt switch programs and go back to the app it reconnects to the server and checks for zhiings which takes a minute or 2.
    Last edited by rashard; 10-27-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Thanks listing a link - I'm only level one cannot list links.

Rashard - glad you tried Zhiing.

We worked on the speed today and it's moving much faster so try it again.

Zhiinger
    Last edited by Zhiinger; 10-29-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Needed to correct some information