Hello everyone, I am the developer of YWeather. You can find out a little more ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jemerick no está en línea Stack level 1

Question YWeather Feedback

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I am the developer of YWeather. You can find out a little more about YWeather here: http://blog.emerick.org/2008/04/30/yweather/ and install it here: http://bbrtm.org/yweather/

The initial releases provided some very basic functionality such as current conditions and only 2 days forecast (today and tomorrow). However, there have been several requests to support multiple locations as well as home screen icon updates, automatic updates every X minutes, and a hot key to update. In addition to these updates, I am looking into using the Google weather feed which provides 4 days forecast.

Some feedback I am interested in is the layout of the weather data, specifically when dealing with multiple locations. I did not have the chance to use BBWeather so I am not sure how they handled multiple locations. I could do something similar to the way the iPhone/touch handle multiple location with multiple screens you can scroll to. Also I am open to taking suggestions for the update hot key. Space bar?

Any other feedback/suggestions/requests are greatly appreciated. Hopefully this can application can become very useful to everyone.

Thanks!

Jason Emerick

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Nice simple app, the "space key" update shortcut sounds nice. Would love to see a week forcast and multiple locations.

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    A week's worth of forecast would be a nice touch. I am also for the "space bar" hot key. I agree that there should be an x number of minutes per update. A moon phases type of thing would be a cool touch too.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Id love to see a changing icon for a quick glance of the weather, like weather eye. and a 5-7-10 day extended forcast would be awesome. great app!

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227
    I would love to see a week's worth. Thank's for all the work.

bigjrussell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~A lot of suggestions but thanks are really in order. I've been using your app since BBWeather went down and haven't been disappointed. Sure, there is room for improvements, but this thread shows huge promise that your app could develop to be a staple in the BB community like BBWeather used to be. Keep up the good work!

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Icons don't look that nice (mainly the application one when you use a dark background). And disposition can be improved. Image to the left and text to the right. So you can accommodate more data. I don't like much Yahoo data for my location until now but I need more time to have a definitive opinion.

I assume you can sign COD files. Wouldn't you be nice and sign the modified bbWetaher? I tested this on the simulator and it works (but don't know for how long and if it works well).

dongato.dyndns.org/tmp/bbweather.zip (already compiled)
    dongato.dyndns.org/tmp/bbtools.zip (source)