Hi there! I'm looking at a few task/organizer programs for my pearl. What are you ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

motumbo no está en línea Stack level 1

your opinions on a task/organizer program

Advertisement

Hi there! I'm looking at a few task/organizer programs for my pearl.

What are you using?

What have you tried?

What do you like?

Some of the programs I'm looking at are

todomatrix 2006
    nextaction

both expensive....any thoughts?

Thanks!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: your opinions on a task/organizer program

-I use todomatrix 2007

-I have only used todmatrix outside of the basic task software that came with my Blackberry. If you take your tasking serious as I do then the task software that comes out the box is just inadequate.

-What do I like? Todomatrix. It is a very flexiable program and has some pretty descent features.

-Expensive ? I would say yes. At almost 60.00 it is the most expensive piece of 3rd party software I have on my blackberry. But, as I said if you are extremely serious in your tasking and you use it for business and personal, then I think that it stands up to the challenge. I have never used nextaction, but, I have read positive reviews about it. To my knowledge, nextaction doesn't allow for a trail version download but todomatrix does allow use to download it for a trial period. And, this is probably what pushed me in favor of todomatrix. If I am going to pay 50-60 dollars for any piece of software and I can't download it first to try it out then me buying it just isn't going to happen.

Just my two cents on that ! Good luck in your choice

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ just curious: what does todomatrix do that calendar and task list don't? I suppose my scheduling needs are very simple- I don't know if there's anything more I could do that I don't already.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ just curious: what does todomatrix do that calendar and task list don't? I suppose my scheduling needs are very simple- I don't know if there's anything more I could do that I don't already.
    I guess it would all boil down to personal choice and just how you intend on using it. I work in a supervisory position (28-29 people under me). But, just a list of some of the things that I like.

-TodoMatrix allows you to "delegate tasking". If I am away and there is something that I want to get accomplished I pick anyone out of my address book and email (or pin) them this tasking. Keep in mind this is all done using todomatrix. It allows you several choices of format as an email. The person that gets this email tasking sees it just as that; with all of the fields:
    -title of tasking
    -due date
    -Priority
    -status
    -You are able to make make folders (drawers) and subfolders (folders) and label or edit these folders and subfolders "whenever".
    -You are able to "sync" and save over the air for wireless back up. Your phone number is the back bone for all of this. If you ever have to reinstall this program for any reason (ie upgrade, crash) you have acces to your information again wirelessly.
    -Upgrades are free and downloaded over the air.
    -reminders? no more of the 15/20/30/45 etc....choices. Your opitons are:
    Quick date.. ie 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m, .....1hr,2/5/6/7 hrs...1w..tomorrow at 8/11/5pm 2/3/4 days, 1 week at 11..there are far too many choice for me to list. I suggest anyone download the trial version just to get a taste. It all sounds so-so until you really start playing around in it then realise how great a program it is. This is just a great compliment to your calender. I don't know about everyone else, but, there are many things that I want to remember to do, whether it be work or family related, that I just don't seeing puting into a calender reminder. In many aspects todomatrix is better than your calender. It just has far more options is simply more user friendly. This is just my opinion Download the the trial www.rexwireless.com or from your blackberry rexwireless.com/downloads and do it over the air. With the trial you don't have any thing to loose

motumbo no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the input calmtiger! I tried todomatrix and found that it was a good progam but more than what I need.

I also tried the program from ascend but didn't like it immediately.

It seems that the Pocekt day lists works perfectly for what I need.

nightshift no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger
    I guess it would all boil down to personal choice and just how you intend on using it. I work in a supervisory position (28-29 people under me). But, just a list of some of the things that I like.

-TodoMatrix allows you to "delegate tasking". If I am away and there is something that I want to get accomplished I pick anyone out of my address book and email (or pin) them this tasking. Keep in mind this is all done using todomatrix. It allows you several choices of format as an email. The person that gets this email tasking sees it just as that; with all of the fields:
    -title of tasking
    -due date
    -Priority
    -status
    -You are able to make make folders (drawers) and subfolders (folders) and label or edit these folders and subfolders "whenever".
    -You are able to "sync" and save over the air for wireless back up. Your phone number is the back bone for all of this. If you ever have to reinstall this program for any reason (ie upgrade, crash) you have acces to your information again wirelessly.
    -Upgrades are free and downloaded over the air.
    -reminders? no more of the 15/20/30/45 etc....choices. Your opitons are:
    Quick date.. ie 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m, .....1hr,2/5/6/7 hrs...1w..tomorrow at 8/11/5pm 2/3/4 days, 1 week at 11..there are far too many choice for me to list. I suggest anyone download the trial version just to get a taste. It all sounds so-so until you really start playing around in it then realise how great a program it is. This is just a great compliment to your calender. I don't know about everyone else, but, there are many things that I want to remember to do, whether it be work or family related, that I just don't seeing puting into a calender reminder. In many aspects todomatrix is better than your calender. It just has far more options is simply more user friendly. This is just my opinion Download the the trial rexwireless.com from your blackberry and do it over the air. With the trial you don't have any thing to loose

I have to agree with calm_tiger - todomatrix is the best blackberry tasks - blackberry projects software out there. I've tried them all, and this is the only one that completely got me off paper.

Btw, I also now own rexwireless's other application ideamatrix which is basically a post-it personal information manager for blackberry program with great search - and by using it with blackberry standard autotext, ideamatrix is serving as a crm light app for me and may be gettig more critical than to do - and I really count on todomatrix. rexwireless offers a bundled discount if you buy both at the same time.

The thing I wanted to mention was rexwireless's new rexdesktop.com web access system - its like a gmail web access to your todomatrx and ideamatrix blackberry data from any internet pc. rexdesktop synchronizes back and forth to / from the blackberry over-the-air and I'm pretty much amazed at how quick and reliable the wireless synchro has been.

The only complaint I have and its pretty minor is that I would like pre-baked GTD in todomatrix - right now, GTD requires jumping through some hoops but once you are up and running it, it does work well (they even wrote a white paper on it so you know its jumping through hoops). Wehen I contacted rex, they said they have a optimized gtd version coming out in the next few months - but we will see. Still, having used nextaction - the software that claims gtd perfection but isn't - I find todomatrix better for GTD.