Hello! I just downloaded the youmail application to my phone and I was wondering if ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

mtishawt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Youmail

Advertisement

Hello!

I just downloaded the youmail application to my phone and I was wondering if I will incur any other charges? I have the 29.99 e-mail forwarding and data usage plan. Thanks so much!

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    as long as you have a data plan and you have free call forwarding you'll be set and welcome to the stacks
    RedCurv07

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    what schirripal said and if you're with verizon,you have free call forwarding. you'll love youmail. i suggest adding one of the free visual voicemail addons for youmail.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    the only other additional charge i can think of is your battery charge! i ran youmail for two days and ditched it to do battery drain. whereas i used to get 2-3 days with my regular use, youmail knocked me down to half a day of use... boo for youmail

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    the only other additional charge i can think of is your battery charge! i ran youmail for two days and ditched it to do battery drain. whereas i used to get 2-3 days with my regular use, youmail knocked me down to half a day of use... boo for youmail
    youmail is a voice mail service.how could it drain your battery?some of the visual voicemail addons periodically check for new voicemails but doesn't drain your battery.i have mine set to sync every 7 minutes and haven't had an increase in battery drain. is there a chance that something else could have been draining your battery?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    youmail is a voice mail service.how could it drain your battery?some of the visual voicemail addons periodically check for new voicemails but doesn't drain your battery.i have mine set to sync every 7 minutes and haven't had an increase in battery drain. is there a chance that something else could have been draining your battery?

sure its possible... nothing is 100%. i emailed with youmail a bit and described my issue. they explained that they've seen this on select phones and are working on what could be the issue. they asked if i had installed any other progs, apps, etc... i only do one app at a time for that exact reason... so i dont have to perform a multivariate analysis.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    did you have a visual voicemail addon?

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    did you have a visual voicemail addon?
    had youmail program... now its gone... what do you mean?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    had youmail program... now its gone... what do you mean?
    youmail is not an app for your phone,it's just a voicemail service that your unanswered calls are forwarded to.the visual voicemail addon for youmail is an actual app that you load on your phone to see what voicemails you have in youmail.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    youmail is not an app for your phone,it's just a voicemail service that your unanswered calls are forwarded to.the visual voicemail addon for youmail is an actual app that you load on your phone to see what voicemails you have in youmail.
    yeah... had the forwarding that i setup, and the addon... ditched the addon and battery resumed its performance.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Gotcha..a fix for that would be to set sync interval to none and then just sync manually when you get a voicemail.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

citymotors no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried setting up you mail. Now when I call my phone I am prompted to enter my 10 digit phone number. It seem there is a forwarding issue. I have a bb Tour from Verizon. Please help! I really would like to have this

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If you download the YouMail app, it has a feature that automatically sets up your phone to use YouMail properly.