Hello Everyone, We just released the latest version of Yippidu Worldnews with native support for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kipcast no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Yippidu Worldnews, free news app for blackberry users

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,

We just released the latest version of Yippidu Worldnews with native support for news Twittering.

WorldNews is a free news application for Blackberry devices that supports the busy professionals who need to stay up-to-date on the fast-changing world information while on-the-go.

It covers news in English for the following countries: the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia/New Zealand, India and China.
    WorldNews app aggregates news stories from the top 10 leading online news providers for each country and automatically creates the “hot topics” category of news.

For more details and system info check our blog: kipcast.wordpress.com.

Enjoy our app and leave us a feedback.

Please tell us how you use it!

Giovanni Guardalben
    Kipcast Corp.

- Yippidu Worldnews, Free Mobile News App for Blackberry Devices -
    www.kipcast.com/worldnews
    http://kipcast.wordpress.com
    Last edited by kipcast; 09-01-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: still no signature

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm gonna check this out, I see that it is available through App World but many users do not use it due to many issues with the App World application. Do you have a direct download or is it only available through App World?

Also, re your signature, if you can't see it, check your profile settings and be sure that the Show Signatures option is set to yes, I believe no is the default
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Question, in the section for personal news, does it only check for news within your world news guidelines? Or can I set it up to search for any type of news such as tech news or blackberry news? I set up two "Monitors" one to search for BlackBerry and RIM which has no news, but the one for Fires pulled up news of wildfires in California, but only 2 articles.

I would consider using this if it had a broader scope from which it pulled news, but as it is now, its just not enough.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

kipcast no está en línea Stack level 1

We do indeed check news just within our world news "guidelines" (which basically means the number and type of sources we picked). Our approach is to provide a quick overview of what is happening worldwide by monitoring the most authoritative sources worldwide and then semantically extract the most important topics of the moment. Clearly, with our approach is not simple to cover very specific areas of interest of our readers.

OK, thanks for the feedback. The app works well, it does what it does very smoothly with a clean, easy to navigate UI. It's just not enough for me.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4