Hi, I downloaded yahoo from blackberry yahoo download but it won't work. I don't have ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Allanito no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Yahoo messenger on pearl won't work

Advertisement

Hi,
    I downloaded yahoo from blackberry yahoo download but it won't work. I don't have BIS or BES so I was just trying to bypass them and just work around with third party like Opera mini. I did some procedure posted by Spencer_cds from blackberryforums to get the yahoo working. It did some changes but I think there are a few things more to work with. Here are some of my posting form blackberryforums:

"
    Originally Posted by allanito
    Spencer I do have a little problem here.

First part of my problem was resolve already but I'm having problem signing in on yahoo. I've got my service book and it say:

Record Type: Active
    Name:BBFS2
    UID:NAYH01
    CID:YHO

USER ID:-1
    DSID:

Gateway IP: <No Gateway>
    Description: Yahoo! Messenger

If I try to sign in to yahoo it only until

" signing in as blah blah bla

connecting to Yahoo!

Cancel sign in"

and that's it nothing more.

I even wait for an hour but nothing happen.

I suspect I'm downloading corrupt files from blackberrygoyahoo coz when I tried to go and check yahoo module properties I'm getting an error msg something like "uncaught exception: Java.lang.illegalargumentException"

Anyways hope somebody can provide working .alx that I can intall it thru Desktop Manager.
    "

"I have found out another problem on my side. I can't get back service books from my bis account (activation msg)since I don't have email account on my bb. I'm just using Opera mini. I even doubt the registration process from hrt is going thru.

Pleaseeeee help!!!!!"

Any Idea?

Thanks

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Yahoo messenger on pearl won't work

Just get a Data plan 'cause I doubt it will work and even if it work doubt it will work well
    Yahoo messenger is using data to pass thru another user and if you don'T have any data plan it won't well

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    Je suis bien content de finalement voir de nouveaux québécois parmis nous
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Allanito no está en línea Stack level 1

No more question guys and thanks a lot for a warm welcome.

"Je me souviens" hehehe...

'Sigh' ... I really like to have yahoo module I love the look soooo simple....

I tried verichat already and it worked good, no problem but I uninstall it.

That's what I thought.. it won't work coz it is somehow intregrated with BB software which is supposed to be working hand and hand with BIS.

TinkMomZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EBD625

umm. . you also have to read all the disclaimers on the yahoo page. It is carrier specific. For some reason, it wont work with Cingular. Very dissapointing, since I am with Cingular. But, I have converted most of my friends into BB users, so we just use the BB IM

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am having the same problem with a black TMobile Pearl. I have deleted and reinstalled the application. I have the Telstra 4.2.1.66 OS on it (I upgraded from the TIM Italy OS). The odd thing is it worked fine up until about 2 days before the huge data outage. Then it just quit working. I am occasionally getting an error message about encryption. I will post that when I get it again. I don't want to exchange this Pearl with the release of the 8800 just days away but this is just the latest in frustration I have had with the 8100. I'm already on my 2nd pearl in a little more than 8 weeks.

My other problem with this is that some of my contacts don't have a blackberry or the data package. I can't let them know about the problem because I took my other phone off my plan so it doesn't work.

Any ideas before I throw this one? I haven't tried it on my 7100T to see if I get the same problem. If I do get it again, I'm either going to wait for the 8800 or get another 7105T. GRRR.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't have Yahoo on my PC either.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't have Yahoo on my PC either.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oops, sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-22-2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Automerged.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I finally got Yahoo to work. I reset it by first connecting to yahoo on my 7100t and now it works on the Pearl.

great no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204e3504

i no i dont have solutions to your problems. but how can i get yahoomessenger on my bb. i use a pearl