Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does anyone know if you can use MSN messenger on the blackberry? And if so, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jd.lantz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DDBFA6

Lightbulb Re: Yahoo Messenger for Cingular - FINALLY, BUT...???

Advertisement

Does anyone know if you can use MSN messenger on the blackberry? And if so, does it intergrate with Yahoo messenger like the lates version for the pc?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Yahoo Messenger for Cingular - FINALLY, BUT...???

jd.lantz, Welcome to PinStack.

There are several 3rd Party Apps that will allow you to use both MSN Messenger and Yahoo messenger some are free like Ramble, and some are purchased like IM+ and others. Check out the third party Apps forum for links and other information on these.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello jd, welcome to pinstack. As mentioned by Rcb, IM+ is a really good messaging app.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

bad cingular bad . . . . i dont get it - sbc owns yahoo and sbc owns cingular - ummm cant they just allow us bb users to use it!!!
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

jibi no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    bad cingular bad . . . . i dont get it - sbc owns yahoo and sbc owns cingular - ummm cant they just allow us bb users to use it!!!
    Cingular has seen a rise in text messaging (SMS) from approximately 1 billion per quarter (3 months) in early 2004 to about 7 billion per quarter in 2006. Throw in multimedia messages (MMS) and you have quite the earnings bubble for them, don't you think? They have a SMS-based IM client for Yahoo and AIM, so why would they want to cut into potential earnings by allowing the ability to use the same service (with a better interface) for free? Nevermind the fact that they would then field support calls for various issues, thus driving up support costs for offering a service that is already 'costing' them money. We don't know the costs involved with contracting the service and gateway capabilities from RIM, either.

When RIM offers these instant messaging capabilities as a billable service, or when a carrier figures out how to do so and charge a flat-rate $5-10/mo 'unlimited instant messaging service charge', then you'll see Cingular offer the service.

Contrary to what Erica said before, Cingular will NOT lose customers over their reluctance to offer Yahoo IM services available through RIM. If someone left over that issue, then it was simply the straw that broke that camel's back... if not, then I think Cingular would be more than happy to be without that customer, as they likely were one of those people who called in day after day with complaints.

There are two possible resolutions - people could protest in the form of email and call-in campaigns, but it'd have to be done as a massive group effort for an extended period of time. Keep in mind that NOTHING is preventing Cingular from offering these services aside from greed and fear of losing money. The only drawbacks to such a complaints campaign is that Cingular would punish their users by increasing plan costs as a means of fielding the extra influx of support calls; or you could also potentially have longer hold times for actual urgent issues.

One thing to remember is that when you call into Cingular's first level customer support lines, you are not talking to an actual Cingular employee, but rather a specialized outsourced call center (in the United States, mind you) that takes nothing but calls for Cingular customers (atleast for the business customers, and I would definitely imagine for normal consumers). Complaints to these people can and often do go un-noticed by Cingular executives and decision makers.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks to this post http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...html#post73477 , I got Yahoo Messenger to work on my Cingular 8700 in 5 minutes. It was very easy. The service books are here at the bottom of this website: http://www.boomspeed.com/setzer/

Kirby

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Quote Originally Posted by exciter
    Thanks to this post http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...html#post73477 , I got Yahoo Messenger to work on my Cingular 8700 in 5 minutes. It was very easy. The service books are here at the bottom of this website: http://www.boomspeed.com/setzer/

Kirby
    what service books did you get? the one from oct 6th or oct 2nd?

thanks and you just installed them via desktop manager or through your bb?
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by shafferds
    what service books did you get? the one from oct 6th or oct 2nd?

thanks and you just installed them via desktop manager or through your bb?
    I choose Oct. 2nd as that one is for "OS_4.1.x_and_4.2.x.ipd". Oct. 6th is: "OS_4.0.x.ipd"

Yes, I installed through DM.

KC Wee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e1997

Help.... I tried but did not see the YIM book on my device. This is my very 1st blackberry.

The Roc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

This work around should be very short lived since Cingular is testing out the Yahoo client on their network. Look for release fairly soon

byrd44 no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone figured out to download Yahoo Messegner on to a Cing BB

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I had no problem using Yahoo IM on my phone before I switched to Jive Talk. Go the cingular/at&t forum and follow the directions in the sticky post "how to configure Yahoo Messenger for Cingular" and it should work fine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12