Anyone using Yahoo! Go? I've got 2.0 (Beta) build 2.0.71 on my Pearl. I originally ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bimmerdriver no está en línea Stack level 1

Yahoo! Go Problems

Advertisement

Anyone using Yahoo! Go? I've got 2.0 (Beta) build 2.0.71 on my Pearl. I originally installed it to keep an eye on some stocks, but I'm about ready to give up on it. I've tried removing it and reinstalling it but it keeps reverting back to an old portfolio that has since changed. Yahoo Mobile support said there are some old files cached on my phone from a previous version. They said I should do a master clear to remove the files.

Has anyone else experienced problems with Y! Go? Is it advisable to master clear my phone? What will be lost if I do that? How do I do that?

Thanks for the help.

BlackBerry 8100™ / Pkg:4.2.1.148, App:4.2.1.94, Plt:2.3.0.77 (ROGERS), Unlocked Themes
    BlackBerry Desktop Software V4.2, SP2

Dreamco no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24122D02

Re: Yahoo! Go Problems

I have noticed a similar issue. The weather and news pages only update once in a while. When I open Yahoo Go right now it shows the weather from 11:45am this morning and it is 6:00pm now.
    I hope that they get the bugs worked out. It seems like a pretty cool application.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

What you might want to do is delete yahoo go and then go back into options - advanced options - applications. In the menu pick modules and scroll through looking for anything yahoo and delete it. Sometimes a few modules don't make it off when you uninstall the application. See if that fixes your problem.

You would want to back up your phone using a PC and Desktop manager before you try to clear it out. There are lots of ways to remove everything off the BB. You can wipe your BB in options - Security - General and wipe handheld in the menu. You can also set a password and type it in 10 times wrong. Then your reload the OS via PC (Make sure you have the OS installed on the PC) and then use the back up file to restore your info to the phone.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Dreamco no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24122D02

I believe if you remove the battery and reinstall it the memory cache will be purged. Let me know if this helps.

There is a great app that will let you reset your phone without doing the battery thing. It is free but the author appreciates a donation. The Pearl color change app works good also. Here is the link:

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use yahoo go all the time. But it doesn't always update on it's own.

bimmerdriver no está en línea Stack level 1

I installed an early version of Yahoo! Go. I found it to be very flakey and the longer I used it, the more flakey it got. (More and more things stopped updating reliably.) For example, not that I care about entertainment, but that feed got stuck several months ago and won't update at all. Same with my stock portfolio which is the main reason I installed it in the first place. Yahoo told me to upgrade to the next version, which I did. The newer version of the application didn't work any better. I tried completely removing and reinstalling it and that didn't help.

Here's what Yahoo has to say about this:
    Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mobile.
    Like computers, mobile devices sometimes lock certain files when in use or place them into a read only state where they cannot be updated or removed, even through an uninstaller. On most blackberry's you even have to reboot the device after an uninstall so it can also remove entries from its system linking back to the program previously deleted. Even if the program is written to remove every last thing, the phone can sometimes prevent that from happening and once the program is "uninstalled" there is no way to remove the files even with a reboot unless a master reset is performed.
    Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mobile.
    So now I seem to be stuck with bunch of junk in my phone from a flakey application that can't clean up after itself. If anyone can suggest how to remove this mess, I'd be very grateful.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yahoo GO = Bloatware. BIG and SLOW is all I find it doing.

It was never really reliable when i used it. I found many other apps that did what it was suppose to do. So I ditched it very quickly.

jmccaski no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't figure out how to delete Yahoo Go from my Pearl... How?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

hmccaski......you can either use the Desktop manager, or just go to

Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Highlight Yahoo! Go>Menu>Delete