Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So I downloaded the beta and have to say that I like the new format ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

So I downloaded the beta and have to say that I like the new format on the live radio stations. Its more user friendly. I apparently had 1.2 version on my phone but never got anything saying there was an update. I attempted to listen to a podcast and I could see the % going up but nothing else happened. Ill play with this a bit more and post back. I do notice that the feed for music is much better. Not as much latency issues as I have had before.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ok, so I subscribed to the podcast and received a popup/push notification that updates were available. One problem is that the podcast list was behind, meaning that two of the podcast were dated yesterday but didn't appear in the list until today along with one for today. So two days worth showing up at once, that is not updating the lists promptly.

The bigger issue is that while downloading podcast, my BB is so sluggish it is almost unusable. If I scroll with the trackball it doesn't respond, then suddenly does respond and has scrolled past what I want and I have to scroll back, it freezes and goes past what I'm trying to select again. Every action is painfully slow to respond.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    And I attached those screenshots I mentioned early yesterday. I think it may be the font I'm using.
    Yes, it could be because of fonts.
    Would you please go to your Blackberry's Options->Screen & Keyboard and describe font settings in detail (family, size, style)?
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    No, this button is not used by xPlayer.
    Sorry, it was my mistake.
    Mute button should be used for pause even if xPlayer is in background mode.
    If this button doesn't work this way, please specify your OS version.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Anybody else seeing a memory leak with this? Since I installed it yesterday and did a battery pull, I've had a decent memory leak.
    I'm going to reboot here shortly and keep a close eye on it.
    Would you please specify how you have noticed memory leak? What actions do you perform when it happens? Also please let us know if you have active subscriptions or not.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    So I downloaded the beta and have to say that I like the new format on the live radio stations. Its more user friendly. I apparently had 1.2 version on my phone but never got anything saying there was an update. I attempted to listen to a podcast and I could see the % going up but nothing else happened. Ill play with this a bit more and post back. I do notice that the feed for music is much better. Not as much latency issues as I have had before.
    When % is going up, podcast update is uploaded. After it uploads, you will be able to listen to it.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Ok, so I subscribed to the podcast and received a popup/push notification that updates were available. One problem is that the podcast list was behind, meaning that two of the podcast were dated yesterday but didn't appear in the list until today along with one for today. So two days worth showing up at once, that is not updating the lists promptly.
    Please specify with which podcast this has happened.

The bigger issue is that while downloading podcast, my BB is so sluggish it is almost unusable. If I scroll with the trackball it doesn't respond, then suddenly does respond and has scrolled past what I want and I have to scroll back, it freezes and goes past what I'm trying to select again. Every action is painfully slow to respond.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    In xPlayer please go to Settings / Podcasts and set "Download priority" as "Low".
    Does it help?
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Please specify with which podcast this has happened.

In xPlayer please go to Settings / Podcasts and set "Download priority" as "Low".
    Does it help?
    In the News & Politics category, Daily Newscasts

I will try changing the priority and see if that helps
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yes, it could be because of fonts.
    Would you please go to your Blackberry's Options->Screen & Keyboard and describe font settings in detail (family, size, style)?
    I'm using bbcasual at 9 font and bold italic style

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Was downloading a podcast and got 25% of the way done and it gave me this error:

Feed download error:
    net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException: File system error (2)

getsugatensho and azstar, thanks for information! We will check both situations.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Was downloading a podcast and got 25% of the way done and it gave me this error:
    Feed download error:
    net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException: File system error (2)
    Please send us a feedback from xPlayer selecting "Help" / "Feedback" from the menu.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

OK, setting the podcast download priority to low did help some, but it was still laggy and trackball movements jerky while the download was in progress....more workable than when in normal priority....but still jerky and annoying.

One other thing that needs attention. When a podcast finishes downloading the LED flashes blue about 4 times and a tone sounds. The tone sounds even if the phone profile is set to quiet and that just won't do. We need to be able to have the tone controlled by the profile and an option to turn the LED on or off as desired.

Same with the tone for push notification of new podcast available....must be able to have the tone profile controlled
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

berrysoft no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK, setting the podcast download priority to low did help some, but it was still laggy and trackball movements jerky while the download was in progress....more workable than when in normal priority....but still jerky and annoying.

One other thing that needs attention. When a podcast finishes downloading the LED flashes blue about 4 times and a tone sounds. The tone sounds even if the phone profile is set to quiet and that just won't do. We need to be able to have the tone controlled by the profile and an option to turn the LED on or off as desired.

Same with the tone for push notification of new podcast available....must be able to have the tone profile controlled
    Thanks, I think notifications via profiles will be available in next version.
    BTW, what about push notifications, are they convenient? What suggestions can you provide to improve the "new podcast push notifications".

SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com
    X-Berry Soft - BlackBerry software for every day!
    www.x-berrysoft.com

Please in xPlayer go to Settings / Podcasts and change "Store last N feeds" option to "All".
    Then check if the issue persists.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast