Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81

So I downloaded the beta and have to say that I like the new format ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #46
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118

    Advertisement



    So I downloaded the beta and have to say that I like the new format on the live radio stations. Its more user friendly. I apparently had 1.2 version on my phone but never got anything saying there was an update. I attempted to listen to a podcast and I could see the % going up but nothing else happened. Ill play with this a bit more and post back. I do notice that the feed for music is much better. Not as much latency issues as I have had before.

  2. #47
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    Ok, so I subscribed to the podcast and received a popup/push notification that updates were available. One problem is that the podcast list was behind, meaning that two of the podcast were dated yesterday but didn't appear in the list until today along with one for today. So two days worth showing up at once, that is not updating the lists promptly.

    The bigger issue is that while downloading podcast, my BB is so sluggish it is almost unusable. If I scroll with the trackball it doesn't respond, then suddenly does respond and has scrolled past what I want and I have to scroll back, it freezes and goes past what I'm trying to select again. Every action is painfully slow to respond.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  3. #48
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    And I attached those screenshots I mentioned early yesterday. I think it may be the font I'm using.
    Yes, it could be because of fonts.
    Would you please go to your Blackberry's Options->Screen & Keyboard and describe font settings in detail (family, size, style)?
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  4. #49
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    No, this button is not used by xPlayer.
    Sorry, it was my mistake.
    Mute button should be used for pause even if xPlayer is in background mode.
    If this button doesn't work this way, please specify your OS version.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  5. #50
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Anybody else seeing a memory leak with this? Since I installed it yesterday and did a battery pull, I've had a decent memory leak.
    I'm going to reboot here shortly and keep a close eye on it.
    Would you please specify how you have noticed memory leak? What actions do you perform when it happens? Also please let us know if you have active subscriptions or not.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  6. #51
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    So I downloaded the beta and have to say that I like the new format on the live radio stations. Its more user friendly. I apparently had 1.2 version on my phone but never got anything saying there was an update. I attempted to listen to a podcast and I could see the % going up but nothing else happened. Ill play with this a bit more and post back. I do notice that the feed for music is much better. Not as much latency issues as I have had before.
    When % is going up, podcast update is uploaded. After it uploads, you will be able to listen to it.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  7. #52
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Ok, so I subscribed to the podcast and received a popup/push notification that updates were available. One problem is that the podcast list was behind, meaning that two of the podcast were dated yesterday but didn't appear in the list until today along with one for today. So two days worth showing up at once, that is not updating the lists promptly.
    Please specify with which podcast this has happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    The bigger issue is that while downloading podcast, my BB is so sluggish it is almost unusable. If I scroll with the trackball it doesn't respond, then suddenly does respond and has scrolled past what I want and I have to scroll back, it freezes and goes past what I'm trying to select again. Every action is painfully slow to respond.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    In xPlayer please go to Settings / Podcasts and set "Download priority" as "Low".
    Does it help?
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  8. #53
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Please specify with which podcast this has happened.



    In xPlayer please go to Settings / Podcasts and set "Download priority" as "Low".
    Does it help?
    In the News & Politics category, Daily Newscasts

    I will try changing the priority and see if that helps
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  9. #54
    getsugatensho's Avatar
    getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Yes, it could be because of fonts.
    Would you please go to your Blackberry's Options->Screen & Keyboard and describe font settings in detail (family, size, style)?
    I'm using bbcasual at 9 font and bold italic style

  10. #55
    Blackberryfreek's Avatar
    Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    308
    Was downloading a podcast and got 25% of the way done and it gave me this error:

    Feed download error:
    net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException: File system error (2)

  11. #56
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    getsugatensho and azstar, thanks for information! We will check both situations.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  12. #57
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Was downloading a podcast and got 25% of the way done and it gave me this error:
    Feed download error:
    net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException: File system error (2)
    Please send us a feedback from xPlayer selecting "Help" / "Feedback" from the menu.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

  13. #58
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    OK, setting the podcast download priority to low did help some, but it was still laggy and trackball movements jerky while the download was in progress....more workable than when in normal priority....but still jerky and annoying.

    One other thing that needs attention. When a podcast finishes downloading the LED flashes blue about 4 times and a tone sounds. The tone sounds even if the phone profile is set to quiet and that just won't do. We need to be able to have the tone controlled by the profile and an option to turn the LED on or off as desired.

    Same with the tone for push notification of new podcast available....must be able to have the tone profile controlled
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  14. #59
    berrysoft's Avatar
    berrysoft no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OK, setting the podcast download priority to low did help some, but it was still laggy and trackball movements jerky while the download was in progress....more workable than when in normal priority....but still jerky and annoying.

    One other thing that needs attention. When a podcast finishes downloading the LED flashes blue about 4 times and a tone sounds. The tone sounds even if the phone profile is set to quiet and that just won't do. We need to be able to have the tone controlled by the profile and an option to turn the LED on or off as desired.

    Same with the tone for push notification of new podcast available....must be able to have the tone profile controlled
    Thanks, I think notifications via profiles will be available in next version.
    BTW, what about push notifications, are they convenient? What suggestions can you provide to improve the "new podcast push notifications".

    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com
    X-Berry Soft - BlackBerry software for every day!
    www.x-berrysoft.com

  15. #60
    SHAPE's Avatar
    SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Ok, so I subscribed to the podcast and received a popup/push notification that updates were available. One problem is that the podcast list was behind, meaning that two of the podcast were dated yesterday but didn't appear in the list until today along with one for today. So two days worth showing up at once, that is not updating the lists promptly.
    Please in xPlayer go to Settings / Podcasts and change "Store last N feeds" option to "All".
    Then check if the issue persists.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •