Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Dear Pinstackers, SHAPE Services is glad to announce beta-testing of xPlayer v.1.7. xPlayer is a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Arrow xPlayer beta-testing

Advertisement

Dear Pinstackers,

SHAPE Services is glad to announce beta-testing of xPlayer v.1.7.
    xPlayer is a multimedia player with Live Radio and podcasts support.

New functionality to be tested: subscription to podcasts using Blackberry Push technology.
    In order to subscribe go to "Podcasts" section, select podcast from the list, then select "Podcast" / "Subscribe" from the menu. Then you will see a subscription icon near it. Every time podcast is updated, you will receive push notification to your Blackberry.
    As Blackberry Push works only via BIS connection, we would like to test this functionality with different wireless carriers.

You may download beta version from our Web-site:
    http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...er&platform=bb
    or directly to your Blackberry on our WAP-site:
    wap.shapeservices.com/xplayer-beta

You may post your comment here or send them from xPlayer selecting "Help" / "Feedback" from the menu.
    When posting your comments in this thread, please specify your Blackberry model and wireless carrier.

As usual, active beta-testers will be awarded with license codes.

Waiting for your feedback!
    Last edited by SHAPE; 10-12-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Downloading now, never tried x-player before....yay new thing to play with!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I really like the layout. Being able to run in the background is a total plus. The app is very clean and not many problems that I've seen from the start.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Just downloaded it, so far it is running really good, I've tested a few videos. Listening to some music now, one thing I have noticed, is there a way to set the top Mute/Stand By button to Play/Pause when you are playing music?

I'm using Tour 9630 on Verizon.
    Last edited by JoshSeawell; 10-12-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Posted Device/Carrier.
    -Josh

After playing with it quite a bit more I've noticed a few minor flaws.

1. When you hit the bb button to get to the menu, the menu is squeezed together a little.
    2. When in the settings menu the titles are off by a bit. Ex: the general title shows as "genera" on the first line and "l" underneath.

A suggestion would be to add an option to the escape key. Maybe backup a screen instead of stopping the music and going to background. It would be nice to be able to browse through some of the features while still listening to the live radio. The mute key as a play/pause would be nice too.

I'll have more suggestions if I come across something and I'll try to post some screenshots later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post

1. When you hit the bb button to get to the menu, the menu is squeezed together a little.
    2. When in the settings menu the titles are off by a bit. Ex: the general title shows as "genera" on the first line and "l" underneath.
    I do not have this problem with the menu on my 8330 running 4.5.0.169, it looks good on mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter? My Apps List

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How's this compare to Nobex?

It may just be the landscape mode then.
    9530 other CDMA carrier.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

I'll have more suggestions if I come across something and I'll try to post some screenshots later tonight.
    Please post screenshots. They would be helpful.

A suggestion would be to add an option to the escape key. Maybe backup a screen instead of stopping the music and going to background. It would be nice to be able to browse through some of the features while still listening to the live radio. The mute key as a play/pause would be nice too.
    Please go to "Settings" / "General". There is an option "ESC Action" - "Stop" or "To background".
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    How's this compare to Nobex?
    Completely different app. Can play your own music from your SD card, but it doesn't show album art like the native player does. There are far fewer radio stations, but there is a nice variety. Nobex definitely beats them in the radio dept. But this also has podcasts which nobex doesn't. It's a nice little app, worth taking the time to test

@shape

I know mainly we are testing push on this version, but while I wait for subscribed podcasts to update, I thought I would mention this:

I would love the ability to have buttons instead of menu. Like to click a play/stop/pause/shuffle button instead of going through the menu. Like to be able to scroll down past the list of songs to where the play and shuffle icons are in the screen shot and actually click them. Clicking Menu then scrolling all the way down to Playback, then selecting Shuffle is a bit cumbersome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I do not have this problem with the menu on my 8330 running 4.5.0.169, it looks good on mine.
    I was meaning after you clicked one of those options. Like if you click the general and the general settings screen pops up.

I was meaning after you clicked one of those options. Like if you click the general and the general settings screen pops up.
    Nope, no squishiness there either, all looks good...maybe it has to do with font size??
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Please post screenshots. They would be helpful.

Please go to "Settings" / "General". There is an option "ESC Action" - "Stop" or "To background".
    I was meaning that an extra option for the esc would be nice. Add a back up a screen option

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Nope, no squishiness there either, all looks good...maybe it has to do with font size??
    Good thought. Didn't think about that

NYbbuser no está en línea Stack level 1
    Very smooth on the 9630/5.0.0.230

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast