A couple of weeks ago my Wall Street Journal reader stopped updating. Whenever I open ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SmacknBerry no está en línea Stack level 1

WSJ Reader Not Updating

Advertisement

A couple of weeks ago my Wall Street Journal reader stopped updating. Whenever I open it I get an "Invalid Request." error message as it tries to retrieve updated stories. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but that hasn't cured the issue. Is anyone else having this problem, or know what this could be? All my other internet services and email are working fine. I do a Alt+Shift+Delete reset (same as a battery pull) every few days as well as clear out my internet cache to keep the memory nice and free.
    Last edited by SmacknBerry; 11-13-2008 at 11:00 PM.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Only slightly off-topic, the Alt+Shift+Delete reset apparently isn't the actual equivalent of doing a battery pull. Apparently some users have found doing an actual battery pull or using the program called Soft Reset resolved issues the Alt+Shift+Delete reset didn't.

You know, I kind of wondered about that, which is why I still do a physical battery pull nearly every other time. What is this "Soft Reset" program? Think that would help? I also have the Memory Cleaning on, so I'm not sure what is going on here. I wonder if it's related to the fact that despite activating the Accuweather data push, I have yet to see any icon appear, even though the Fox News data push works fine.

preserve no está en línea Stack level 1

Update to 1.7

I had the same problem and was resolved by updating to version 1.7 which just came out.

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    I had the same problem and was resolved by updating to version 1.7 which just came out.
    Thank you! That did the trick. They must have just updated it in the last couple of days, because I checked the version I downloaded from the site earlier this week and it was an older version. Thanks again for the help!

ronopolis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe this is obvious, but how in the WSJ reader do I simply page down? Right now I have to constantly scroll down with the trackball.