Need some help, downloaded worldmate live OTA, it stops about halfway though with an error ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dingdong901 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question WorldMate Live

Advertisement

Need some help, downloaded worldmate live OTA, it stops about halfway though with an error (907 invalid COD, unable to import zip file). I checked the box to allow permissions to change settings. What is up with this? Bob

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

Re: WorldMate Live

send me a link to the download, and btw OTA should not be a zip file, it should be .jad

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by slingshotzack View Post
    send me a link to the download, and btw OTA should not be a zip file, it should be .jad
    Not sure what the OP was using, but the OTA link for WML is:

http://www.wmlive.com/ota/wml/public/worldmatelive.jad

dingdong901 no está en línea Stack level 2

Tried link for ota and got the same results as described above. I'll have to play around with this later, don't really need the program that bad, just wanted to try something new.
    I'm new to blackberry, great device, still learning. Bob

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

What kinds of experiences have people had with WorldMate Live? My concern is the comment in the terms and conditions about using my computer to share information with others!! ("Utilization of Your Computer: ....WorldMate Software may utilize the processor and bandwidth of the computer (or other applicable device) You are utilizing, for the limited purpose of facilitating the communication between WorldMate Software users.") WHAT does that mean exactly? I don't want anyone using my computer to transfer anything to anyone!! Esp. with the next paragraph on "Protection of Your Computer: ... You acknowledge and agree that WorldMate cannot give any warranties in this respect." I want to use the program, but don't want to open my PC or BB up to outside use... for any reason!
    Last edited by gritsinct; 11-02-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Lightbulb Re: WorldMate Live

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    What kinds of experiences have people had with WorldMate Live? My concern is the comment in the terms and conditions about using my computer to share information with others!! ("Utilization of Your Computer: ....WorldMate Software may utilize the processor and bandwidth of the computer (or other applicable device) You are utilizing, for the limited purpose of facilitating the communication between WorldMate Software users.") WHAT does that mean exactly? I don't want anyone using my computer to transfer anything to anyone!! Esp. with the next paragraph on "Protection of Your Computer: ... You acknowledge and agree that WorldMate cannot give any warranties in this respect." I want to use the program, but don't want to open my PC or BB up to outside use... for any reason!
    This is just basically lawyer speak (they have to justify their existence, you know!). WML allows a user to export travel reservations received as e-mail messages (including PDF file enclosures) as input to your personal itineraries automatically. In order to do this, they provide your account with a personal worldmatelive.com e-mail address (e.g., mailto:1234567890@worldmatelive.com). They provide an Outlook plug-in that facilitates this, but you can configure it so that nothing is sent out without explicit confirmation. The forwarded info is automatically parsed to create WML itineraries.

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

I've been using WML for a week now. It's ok, though I wish there was a way to import the itinerary data from the airline website directly into WML. But, the current functionality is ok. I get my company laptop back in a week or so, so I will try out the Outlook integration with that. Currently I'm using the WML web app.

Lightbulb Re: WorldMate Live

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    I've been using WML for a week now. It's ok, though I wish there was a way to import the itinerary data from the airline website directly into WML. But, the current functionality is ok. I get my company laptop back in a week or so, so I will try out the Outlook integration with that. Currently I'm using the WML web app.
    In the interim, just forward itineraries to your WML e-mail address -- that is essentially what the Outlook plug-in automates for you...

MM_CC no está en línea Stack level 1

To whoever had a problem with download, just point your device browser to wmlive.com and choose one of the mirrors, if one fails try the second.

It solved the download problem for me.

ViroBono no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had WML for a couple of weeks, and find it useful. However, today I needed to upload some stuff to my itineraries, and the website isn't responding - tried at work and just now at home, and it won't even load.

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

I've been trying to set up itineraries on my account but it just sits there and I can't input any info. Anyone else having this issue?

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Does anyone know how to delete worldmate from there blackberry? I have tried to remove it under applications, but its not listed. I even went as far as to run desktop manager and see if I could see it from there, and yet still, nothing. Does anyone have some sort of solution on how to take this app off?

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    FWIW, I've never been able to get it to install OTA and have had to use DM. It's a decent program - but it's pricy and I can't justify the cost.