I don't have any phone signal at home so I want to connect to my ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hillier no está en línea Stack level 1

wi-fi problem

Advertisement

I don't have any phone signal at home so I want to connect to my wi-fi.
    When I go through the setup process it finds the Netgear system and then asks for the pre-shared key.
    What is this and where do I find it? I have tried the Netgear passwrord with no luckm

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    The preshared key (PSK) method uses a shared pass phrase that is up to 256 bits in length to allow the wireless access point and the BlackBerry smartphone enabled with Wi-Fi technology to mutually derive link layer encryption keys. The PSK method uses algorithms to secure Wi-Fi network communications, but it relies on a single, shared pass phrase. All wireless access points and BlackBerry smartphones enabled with Wi-Fi technology must know the pass phrase.

Enter the appropriate Pre-Shared Key for the Service Set Identifier (SSID) that you want to access. Refer to the configuration of your wireless access point for this setting.

hillier no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok thankyou, I'll give it a try this evening and let you know.