Who can help me? Recently I downloaded couples of J2me applications, which I never thought ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Candy718 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Which Memory App is Better?

Advertisement

Who can help me? Recently I downloaded couples of J2me applications, which I never thought csused my Bb goes to crash because of less RAM. I seacrhed Handango and found MemoryUp and Memory booster might be useful for me . But now I am confused that which one is better, has anyone used one of them? Please give me some tips. Thanks in advance!

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    From the review that i have read, this being one of them : http://forums.pinstack.com/f10/boost_up_blackberry_memoryup_mobile_ram_booster-40628/

another review at it would be this : http://forums.pinstack.com/f342/memoryup_ram_booster_does_it_work-40959/

I personally wouldnt use any of those two software. They give off a scam vibe. Hopefully another pinstacker can help you more than me.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree with calibur, they are a waste of money. If you post back here with some info we can give you tips to free up some memory for free

We need your device model, OS version (Options/About 3rd line down) and then go to Options/Status and post back your File Free before and after a battery pull.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MonMin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy718 View Post
    Who can help me? Recently I downloaded couples of J2me applications, which I never thought csused my Bb goes to crash because of less RAM. I seacrhed Handango and found MemoryUp and Memory booster might be useful for me . But now I am confused that which one is better, has anyone used one of them? Please give me some tips. Thanks in advance!
    I'm suggesting you just re-install your OS.
    Do backups and then re-install the OS.. hope it's gonna work

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMin View Post
    I'm suggesting you just re-install your OS.
    Do backups and then re-install the OS.. hope it's gonna work
    should never reload the os for a memory problem.

just move all ring tones/pictures/videos to memory card if u don't have one get one keep the apps down to a limit of stuff u use or find use full in your everyday life and ones u don't trash them if u don't use yahoo/aim/icq and all that and if they are install remove them. u can check if they are installed by clicking them if they load up the messenger they are if they go to the browser they are not installed and can just hide the icon

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pretty sure all of those applications just invoke the system garbage collection API call. You can do the same yourself in the engineering screens without getting fleeced.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    Pretty sure all of those applications just invoke the system garbage collection API call. You can do the same yourself in the engineering screens without getting fleeced.
    How do you do that on the engineering screens...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Engineering Screen Contents>JVM Engineering Screens>RAM Usage>[Menu]>Quick/Full/Thorough GC.

There's no way that any of these memory "boosting" applications can do anything on the technical side other than invoking the garbage collector, so doing the above should be functionally equivalent.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks, will give it a go...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Now that's a pretty cool function to know. Thanks Thyth. A tried a few of those programs just to see what they did and found them to be seriously lacking. Most seemed to just want to free up storage memory on the device by letting me eliminate applications. None really did anything for RAM. Your best bet is to make sure when you finish with an app, you use it's "Close" or "Exit" function, rather then just hitting the end key. If you have a lot of programs that continously update themselves, they'll stay running in the background to do this, which will seriously slow you BB down. Disable Auto-Update features on apps your rarely use or don't mind manually updating when you run 'em.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS