I'm a big advocate of "search first" but it seems that the term "Where" is ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question Where App Review?

Advertisement

I'm a big advocate of "search first" but it seems that the term "Where" is so broad that no matter how I manipulate the search, I just can't seem to get where I want to go, so forgive me for starting a new thread.

I'm thinking about the Where app, and I was wondering how many of you use it, like it, or dislike it. I've been to their website and it looks neat, but I'd love to see real-world impressions of it, and how it comares to Poynt

I'm primarily concerned with how it behaves on the Storm (UI, Memory, Etc.), but general impressions and reviews on all devices encouraged and welcome!

Edit: See, "Where" is so broad I couldn't even add it as a tag.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think I can find something for you, hold on.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f52/get_w...ckberry-70016/

http://forums.pinstack.com/f52/where_for_blackberry_updated_free_download-85870/

That's all I came up wth for the moment, not sure if there is a real review or if anyone has compared it to poynt, I have not tried poynt yet and don't know what it does. Give it a try and give us a side by side review
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Excellent, thanks azstar!

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have used both on the storm and I prefer poynt. The ui is better and I prefer the functionality. Where was obsolete for me when I got the garmin app for the storm. Its the best solution hands down, although not free.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Downloaded it, rather neat app, but it seems to be a little bit of a memory leaker. After I had it open and explored the widgets that it came with, I closed it all out, and my memory was down about 10 megs. Never did return the memory, and it's been a few hours.

I'm also a little confused about adding additional widgets. I have no "manage widgets" selection when I go to the menu on the Storm. The faq says you can also sign into the web and manage widgets, but you need to create an account. Sure, no problem, but when you click sign in, you can either put in your sign in info (which I don't have since I can't create an account), or click create account. Well the create account just takes you back to the download page to send a text to your phone to download the application. Basically an endless circle with no resolution.

I'm going to drop them an email and see what they say about it, maybe I'm missing something.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I've decided to delete it, it's way too much of a memory leaker for my taste. My storm runs a steady 37-40 megs free on the app memory up until the install of Where. After playing with it a few hours it managed to drop the app memory down into the high teens. I closed absolutely everything that I could, and I gave it the benefit of the doubt and a few hours to return the memory, but it never did. This coupled with my issues above, I'd say their Storm version needs to go back for some tweaking.

I'll give Poynt a trial run today and see how it behaves.

Anyone try Where on any other devices and want to report different findings?

nma555 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey, If anyone wants to see the updated and enhanced versions of WHERE check out the youtube page for demos:
    http://www.youtube.com/whereulocate