When is RIM or some other third party company going to take something as simple ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

when or where

Advertisement

When is RIM or some other third party company going to take something as simple as the blackberry calendar program and add "Palm" like features to it. I am talking specifically about adding different categories and color coding each. Iphone's new update allows this feature.

Some will say to just use your different emails to color code. There is no personalization to that nor category name change.

Anyone know of a solution?

Lucah76 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am right there with you...I would love to cut and paste events instead of doing recurrences. Just because I have a regular appointment doesn't mean its always teh same day and time. Overall I think the whole calendar looks a bit antiquated to begin with.

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I agree. It is such a simple part of our beloved blackberry, albeit a very important one. A third party could definitely do this, but RIM could do it with a software patch or update.

Why would RIM allow themselves to fall behind in such a simple matter?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Indeed, the calendar sucks big time. I guess the BB is busy working out other issues, like 3G and making us wait too long for the Bold...

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Just my opinion, but other then the messaging feature of the blackberry, the calendar is the second most used application for business men and women. Why focus on making the browser faster (not that I don't enjoy the browser) when it is at least third in line as far as bb business apps are concerned.

Again, just my opinion.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~