I am looking for an app that would allow me to track my checking account ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ddmaxx007 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24243e18

Whats the best App for the following

Advertisement

I am looking for an app that would allow me to track my checking account and transaction I conduct throughout the day, as well as being able to schedule upcoming bills due and be able to see them in my calendar. Does one app do this or do I need a combo of apps.

Any help would be most appreciated!

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Whats the best App for the following

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that is exactly what I'm looking for too

PIN/ID
    24243e18

I had Ascendo Money which was great at tracking transactions but did not perform calendar/reminder options.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

If Quicken ever goes mobile ...that's what's needed. Let's do some research on financial packages out there. There must be something.

How about something like this - I've not tried it but:

Ascendo Money for BlackBerry, $29.95

http://www.handango.com/SoftwareCata...94917542+96590

Most Comprehensive Personal Finance Manager for BB. Manage your Checkbook, Track Expenses, Desktop Sync, Setup Multiple Accounts, Integrate with Quicken(QIF), MS Money. Free Trial.
    By: Ascendo Inc.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-24-2008 at 11:54 AM.

PIN/ID
    24243e18

JB that app works great for everything except for reminders of upcoming bills. Quicken type program would be ideal...someone has to have something like it out there.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

That would be sweet! My wife would love that!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm sure you saw the other offerings out on Handango. I've used Quicken for so long I can't think in any other terms.

I wonder if you could conjer up a 'post-dating" process entry on your own in one of these applications. I do that in Quicken (rather than use its reminders) for bills that I want to "schedule." They appear below the current date's line before they're paid and I can see them rise toward the line as time moves. When they get near the line or into the current date, I pay them. You can use your own dating process - I allow myself a few "slop" days so I'm not late. I may try the ap that I pointed out above on my 8100 and I'll keep looking.....

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

You can try xpenser at.....www.xpenser.com....its free.....you could record your transactions through jott(through voice) and it uploads your transactions to the website........however it does not have bill reminders though.......hope this helps alittle........

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874

by the way, you could also export this to quicken and excel if you like and its also compatiable with freshbooks and msn money........

PIN/ID
    24243e18

Well I decided to make the plunge again and purchase the new Ascendo Money version today since after all pinstack was offering the free BBviewer with any purchase. They have done some nice updtaes to the app since I last had it a year ago, but alas still no calendar/notification option....if Ascendo is listening....thei would be a GREAT ADDITION to an already excellent product....just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ddmaxx007 View Post
    Well I decided to make the plunge again and purchase the new Ascendo Money version today since after all pinstack was offering the free BBviewer with any purchase. They have done some nice updtaes to the app since I last had it a year ago, but alas still no calendar/notification option....if Ascendo is listening....thei would be a GREAT ADDITION to an already excellent product....just my 2 cents.
    Good for you! I tried it for a while today, got my Quicken (QIF) file exported, etc., but I just don't want all that stuff on my phone. I guess I'm too used to using Quicken on the laptop. I did go for the BBsmart special though - I got a charging cradle. Boring but I can use it on my desk. Have fun and let us know if you work out a tickler system for those upcoming bills.

Xyxyll no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm in the same boat, and as I haven't tried any of the software out yet (was just about to load some to my BB), my searching came up with these results:

Ascendo Money
    MoneyManager
    Jabplite

I've heard great things about Ascendo Money and Jabplite (free), so I plan to try out Jabplite for a while.

RoboticGolem no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ab431b

I'm upset that they don't offer it to t-mobile, but citibank has a blackberry client. I'm sure that would work, and you wouldn't have to worry about d/l import export or anything.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I also tried Ascendo but am so used to Quicken, it did not do all I wanted it to do. I wanted to look at a calendar and see what was coming up and the amount of money that would be left.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee