I tried many VOIP phone services, and found that some will provide you with good ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

omakalou12 no está en línea Stack level 1

What affects the VOIP phone quality?

Advertisement

I tried many VOIP phone services, and found that some will provide you with good quality phone service, especially like sound is clear, call is smooth and not stuck sometimes. So except the internet connections, which part of the hardware and software affect the VOIP phone quality?

voip phone
    voip system

Graceron no está en línea Stack level 1
    For reference:

1. Computer - if you are using a slow computer for making your VoIP calls and running quite a number of programs then this has an effect on your VoIP quality.
    2. Internet traffic - Even if you have a fast connection but the servers that your call goes through has a massive traffic then this also affects the quality of your call.
    3. VoIP service itself - Sometimes it boils down to your VoIP provider.

Been using VoIP from Onesuite for a few years now and tried many combinations like VoIP through computer or through ATA device and also on my Windows phone. I had my fair share of bad connections but most of the time if the internet is good then my calls are all good too.